Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Ive just bought my first 7string as a bit of a beater to screw around with. I wanted to put some green evo7s in it and whatnot, and as it turns out, the guy who im buying it from has already put a green Ibanez decal on it and green knobs and switch. Im thinking about modding it to look more like the UV7BK (the green and black one obviously :)) but to do this id have to change those white dot inlays to green ones.

Would this be a mammoth task or easier than it sounds? Where can i find out whats involved, most of the sites ive found deal with intricate inlay work as opposed to this kinda thing. How could i make or buy new green inlays?

Cheers

James

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
It's not too difficult. You pry/drill out the old dots, then superglue in some new dots. You could cut the dots out of something green (green plastic, green abalone maybe ...) or make them out of clear plastic with some green paper or plastic under them (like the colored pyramid inlays). A little fine sanding and polishing and you are done. Check out the Project Guitar site.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.