Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an HSC custom made for the UVMC. Its a flight case, so it should be fine in it. I have to carry 2 guitars to Argentina, the UV77MC and a custom RBM. One of them will fly with me in the cabin along with my laptop and a few things, I have to check in the other one with the rest of my luggage).

Im Still noT sure about sending the UV or the RBM in the case.

Both fit in the case, although it was made with the shape of the UV.

I really like how the HSC turned out so I wanted to share a couple of pics, but I also wanted to know some opinions/advice about wich one to check and wich one I should carry in the cabin with me.

So, what do you think about the case, and wich one would you check in it?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v493/RCB/UVMC yellow/

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
which one do u love more ? also, if u pack ur guitar properly then nothin will go wrong hopefully...like bubble wrapping the headstock.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I messed up with the title. it was suppoused to say. "New Custom HSC for the UV"

Sorry guys

I love/like the custom RBM more. But the UVMC is probably a more expensive guitar, mainly due to the condition. I dont know wich option will be "safer" snce I never flew with this case before, so I was thinking to check in the RBM and cerry the UV with me. The HSC looks amazingly strong, but im leaning towards carrying the UV in the cabin.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Pack the guitar in the case with plenty of bubble wrap, go nuts! so that it's not going to budge in there.

Then maybe put the case in 2 rectangular guitar cardboard boxes if you can source any?

I'd take absolutely no precautions in wrapping the guitar and case as it'll be worth it in the long run.

It's up to you which to put in the case since one's obviously very expensive, and the other one has a lot of sentimental value, well they both do, so it's a puzzler! :p

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Andelusion said:
Pack the guitar in the case with plenty of bubble wrap, go nuts! so that it's not going to budge in there.

Then maybe put the case in 2 rectangular guitar cardboard boxes if you can source any?

I'd take absolutely no precautions in wrapping the guitar and case as it'll be worth it in the long run.

It's up to you which to put in the case since one's obviously very expensive, and the other one has a lot of sentimental value, well they both do, so it's a puzzler! :p
Bubble wrap the hell out of it ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I'd personally never check in a guitar of that level. They are just too valuable to get nicked in my opinion. I would only take one at a time with me in the cabin.

That case looks pretty tough though... ;)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
zEr0 said:
I'd personally never check in a guitar of that level. They are just too valuable to get nicked in my opinion. I would only take one at a time with me in the cabin.

That case looks pretty tough though... ;)
Its my last trip from Mexic to argentina. Im coming home as cinderella would say.... this are the last 2 guitars I kept with me in mexico, so one has to be checked (there is no way on earth to take both guitars in the cabin with me).

I m prety sure that the one that goes in the cabin has a better chance to get a nick or a chip that the one in the case. The case looks and feels like a tank, but I FEEL more comfortable taking the guitar with me in the cabin, to more a subjective thing than a rational thing.

The guitar cant move at all in the case. Its not an MC100 or a UV1000 were the case allows for certain movement in it and you may want to add some extra stuff to protect it. The guitar is literally imprisioned in there.... as a matter of fact you have to apply some pressure to close the case.

About wich one to take, I think Im taking th UV77MC in the cabin. The Custom RBM is a much better sounding and playing guitar, but it also seems to fit a little better in the case.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well in less than a week you should know the outcome of this! I let you know how the guitars arrived, and how the case performed.

Thanks for the coments!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts