Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm basically trying to replicate Bumblefoot's setup.
http://www.vigierguitars.com/page/fiche_produit.php?id_prod=226

I've got a Chopper in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. One Volume. No tone control. I'm looking at wiring them to a 5 way and have these positions:

1. Bridge pickup
2. Bridge pickup as a single-coil
3. Both pickups
4. Both pickups out of phase
5. Neck pickup.

I'd need one of these: http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Components:_Switches_and_knobs/Super_Switch.html correct?

If somebody would be so kind as to help me through the process and figure out the schematic I'd greatly appreciate it. I've done lots of basic installs and some coil splitting but nothing this advanced.

Thanks!

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Go to seymourduncan.com and find the schematics for similar setup to what you want. You may have to use a couple of different ones and modify to your needs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hah! Man I'm so lost. I've even got a few Duncan veterans over on their forum stumped. Guess I'll keep looking around for help. Thanks man.

Edit: Alright I found this but I still need to figure out how to get position 4 to get me both pups out-of-phase.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Right on! Thanks! So the ground goes to the switch huh? And that will give me this:

1. Bridge pickup
2. Bridge pickup as a single-coil
3. Both pickups
4. Both pickups out of phase
5. Neck pickup

Interesting! I'll give it a go in a few days. Thanks again, bancika! :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
you have to do the ground trick because you want to pivot neck pickup phase in position 4 by flipping hot and ground leads. Positions 3 and 5 connect black to output and green to ground, but position 4 does opposite. Hope that's what you wanted, pickups are connected out of phase with each other, but internally, their coils are connected in phase.

Cheers

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, I believe that's right, if I'm understanding you correctly. :) Thanks so much for the help! I couldn't get any advice from anyone else.

·
Registered
576 Posts
by the way, that diagram is for duncan color codes, I just saw you're using dimarzio's. Make sure that you get the colors right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts