Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya'll, hope you're well.

I just got a new RGT42MDX - Infinity 1 & 2 'buckers as standard.

Looking to upgrade them (without breaking the bank much further) - so was looking at Tonerider.
Are the Generator Set (TRH2) any good, or a downgrade compared to the Inf 1 / 2's?

The PUP's I'm looking at are at the bottom of the page on the Tonerider website:
tonerider.com/pickups/humbuckers

·
Registered
725 Posts
i've never considered pickups swap as 'upgrades'; i'm just making my guitar sing differently by giving it some fresh 'throats'

have you tried those Toneriders/ heard it in action in another guitar?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, just read really great things about them.
And considering the Inf 1 / 2's are considered 'so-so' humbuckers, I was wondering if anyone had put Toneriders in their RG (or any other Ibanez) and liked/hated them?

Looking at the spec, are they (Toneriders) theoretically comparible / similar, or should they yeild a more pleasing tone / sound?

·
Registered
725 Posts
i've not come across these tone riders myself but this brought back memories of a similar occasion when i read much accolades pertaining to Bare Knuckle pickups. i thought if these are highly regarded, they might just work in my beloved Ibanez darlings but it's the contrary outcome- they are OK pickups in an Ibanez, maybe they are stellar in other brand name instruments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts