Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for some reason when i crank my amp a bit and my guitar is on the brdige pickup, and my back is turned to my amp(I know its a bit situational) I get a ridiculous feedback. Not the usual harmonic feedback a ton of humm. On the neck pickup its fine. I haven't tried it with another guitar just my Les Paul, but this problem is very new too me. Any ideas?

·
Registered
116 Posts
well try it with another guitar... in my case when i had my les paul i had the same problem and it was damaged wire which also wasnt soldered on very well.I also got a new cord once i fixed it.Open up the hood and check for damages or miss-soldered areas burned marks ect...That was the solution to my problem it might be to yours.I only had to turn the volume up to a little under 2 and it was still obnoxious.I also have a tendency to lean the guitar on the floor or knee and with the les paul it disconfigured the jack so check that as well

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I have the same problem. It only does it when i crank up the preamp, and I think the problem is that the pickups in my Les Paul are not shielded.

I did burn some soldier up when i put the neck pickup on but nothing too bad and it seems to be making contact...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.