Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, basically, i just finished my vector artwork of john frusciante of RHCP. first, check it out here (fullsize, or i will track you down and kill your dog...just kidding...but seriously...).

i just had to share it (shameless self promotion) and it's of frusciante, who was a massive influence on me a few years ago.

http://pwntang.deviantart.com/art/John-Frusciante-Vector-129339290

you can see it's kind of "cartoonized". basically, to get that effect you have to manually trace around every "block" or area of colour with the pen tool in photoshop then manually fill that area in with colour or a gradient (2 or more colours).

much of the description is in the deviation's comments, so you can read that.

long story short, I FINISHED IT! IT LOOKS AWESOME! :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Good job! I agree, it's better than the vector Jimi..although the Hendrix image has a good stylized quality to it. Which CS are you using? I just got CS4 and being it's kicking my tuchus!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job! I agree, it's better than the vector Jimi..although the Hendrix image has a good stylized quality to it. Which CS are you using? I just got CS4 and being it's kicking my tuchus!
photoshop 8.0 CS. ancient. i never use it. this and my hendrix vector are the only 2 major things i've ever done with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts