Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went and ordered another guitar. One with a minor blemish. It’s an Ibanez S570AH. Got 10% off (it must be really minor because the last blemish I ordered was 21% off and it had a minor crack in the lacquer at the neck pocket).

It has an Edge Zero II for the bridge, which I think I had once before. Anyway, the bridge isn’t the crummy one they put on Jem Jr’s. Pickups are Quantums, which are ok. Just about any of Ibanez’s pickups sound good through my Mesa Mark V 25.

There just aren’t many models available new, or used for a fair price. I’ve really enjoyed some of Ibanez’s lower priced guitars. I’ve bought 6 Ibanez guitars in the last 2 and 1/2 months, and 4 of them were less than 500 bux.

I won’t see it for a week I suppose. I have 45 days from tomorrow to decide if I want to keep it, and I can send it back on their dime. I was looking at other models, but all of the ones I liked were out of stock, and some won’t be available until November, and others were not expected until February.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument accessory Guitar accessory String instrument

·
Vendor
26,484 Posts
It would be nice to know they're having as tough a time getting inventory as I am except for the 20 pallets of guitars sitting at the distributor with their name on them. All Indo from a glance.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a beautiful looking guitar, I'll be eager to see what you make of it and how it compares to your many other recent purchases. I've had a few S series, it's a terrific body shape. I like my Edge Zero II a lot, too. I recently sold an S series in the Prestige line because liked my S series in the Premium line better. I like the EZ II better than the Original Edge, partly because of the pop-in arm and partly because of the thumbwheel adjustment on the back instead of needing to futz with claw screws. The Prestige model I had (an S6570) didn't have SS frets, but the Premium model I kept (S1070) does. I also like the aesthetic of the Premium better. The "black wave" on the one you ordered looks fantastic on the Ibanez site, please share some pics of the one you receive.

·
Registered
96 Posts
That's a beautiful looking guitar, I'll be eager to see what you make of it and how it compares to your many other recent purchases. I've had a few S series, it's a terrific body shape. I like my Edge Zero II a lot, too. I recently sold an S series in the Prestige line because liked my S series in the Premium line better. I like the EZ II better than the Original Edge, partly because of the pop-in arm and partly because of the thumbwheel adjustment on the back instead of needing to futz with claw screws. The Prestige model I had (an S6570) didn't have SS frets, but the Premium model I kept (S1070) does. I also like the aesthetic of the Premium better. The "black wave" on the one you ordered looks fantastic on the Ibanez site, please share some pics of the one you receive.
And I left out my favorite part of the S1070, which seems similar to the S570 you ordered: The neck shape is great. I know this is entirely subjective, but I found that for me, there is such a thing as too thin and too flat. Of course, you're comfortable playing classical, so maybe there's no "too flat" for you.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah @ruscio I have depleated my fun money for the rest of the year. That white Jem Jr I gave to my daughter. She won’t be able to pick it up for awhile as she is isolating and sick with Covid.

I am going to try to find a tolex case for that S.I didn’t want to spend almost200 bucks on a hard case that is mounded. I now have enough guitars to start labeling the cases in my guitar room.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update…my new guitar may have not been shipped from AMS before their computer system took a dump. So who knows if or when it will arrive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts