Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...I bought a JS2450MCB from Rich, had my eye on one for a very long time. I thought I was slick...ship it to a friend, wife doesn't know, then be like, going to the studio and come home with the case and be like, oh that was at the studio. Good plan. I live in Brooklyn. COVID-19 is happening. I can't go pick it up. The studio guy said he'd drop it off, but that won't work if my wife is home. It's OK. It can wait for another time...it's not going anywhere...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also in the upper left hand corner is my Ibanez 1977 Les Paul that I leave at the studio (cuz I hate Les Pauls) The studio guy loves it, so I was like, it's just gonna sit in a case, you can be it's foster parent.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Ha ha... tried to be sneaky, eh? That's a beauty though, worth the wait. Good luck getting it quickly and safely!

The virus is starting to affect everything, even causing the cancellation of Daytona flattrack racing and Supercross. So I spent my Saturday night jamming along with some old Judas Priest live in San Bernadino on youtube with my the old 540S, just for fun. We will survive!! (knock on basswood)

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NYC is descending into madness. I have three kids, one is 2 and she's autistic. They canceled schools til April 20th for now. Luckily my girl's school will still take her if I drive her there (bussing is over though), it's in manhattan and I pick her up. We will see if that changes...NJ issued a state wide curfew 8pm-5am no non emergency travel. NY shut down all bars, restaurants, and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people.

·
Registered
339 Posts
NYC is descending into madness. I have three kids, one is 2 and she's autistic. They canceled schools til April 20th for now. Luckily my girl's school will still take her if I drive her there (bussing is over though), it's in manhattan and I pick her up. We will see if that changes...NJ issued a state wide curfew 8pm-5am no non emergency travel. NY shut down all bars, restaurants, and you can't have gatherings of more than 10 people.
Sorry man, I hope things calm down soon, and that your family is safe. Much the same out here in Oregon. No gatherings larger than 10 people, bars and restaurants closed - take out/delivery only. Its pretty surreal. Stay safe, and congrats on the new guitar!

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry man, I hope things calm down soon, and that your family is safe. Much the same out here in Oregon. No gatherings larger than 10 people, bars and restaurants closed - take out/delivery only. Its pretty surreal. Stay safe, and congrats on the new guitar!
Stay home a lot, wash your hands, play guitar, don't panic. Best wishes to the whole Jemsite community!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Sounds crazy... I've been following it on the news, but hadn't heard about the curfew yet. It hasn't been too bad yet here in Kansas, we're typically a bit behind the coasts anyway. I work in a hospital though... and now we have people coming in for testing, entrances are screening visitors and employees, etc... I could handle some self-quarantine playing time!

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you, you are on the frontlines, my brother is a surgeon. Ain't no working from home for him. They divide the staff into two teams, they alternate days and they are forbidden from interacting with the other team to reduce exposure just in case

·
Registered
559 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me the things that some guys have to come up with to fool their wives. Heck, my brother bought himself a new gun, and gave it to my parents to wrap and present to him as a Christmas present last year so that his wife wouldn’t know that he bought it. As long as you’re not taking from your kids college fund, or missing mortgage payments, etc., what’s the point in hiding it?

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It never ceases to amaze me the things that some guys have to come up with to fool their wives. Heck, my brother bought himself a new gun, and gave it to my parents to wrap and present to him as a Christmas present last year so that his wife wouldn't know that he bought it. As long as you're not taking from your kids college fund, or missing mortgage payments, etc., what's the point in hiding it?
Judgey Judgey. This is my 22nd JS I believe...wife is definitely like why the hell would you ever need more. She just wouldn't get it. It's my money, it's fine, but why push it if not necessary...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Judgey Judgey. This is my 22nd JS I believe...wife is definitely like why the hell would you ever need more. She just wouldn't get it. It's my money, it's fine, but why push it if not necessary...
I'm not judging, but if it's your money and it is fine, what exactly is there to push? Obviously something about it bothers her. Me for example, I had to get a storage unit because I ran out of space... but she still laughs whenever another one shows up.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She was tolerant until I hit 30 guitars then it was like, what the ****. I just don't want to deal with her reaction to be honest. I'm an adult I can do what I want and we have separate finances, but she doesn't undestand why i want another, especially this, I have a 2410 and 2450 purple, so I'm just buying another color...it's cool. I just don't want to deal with the eye roll not like I'd get in trouble. :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
I just don't want to deal with her reaction to be honest. I'm an adult I can do what I want and we have separate finances, but she doesn't understand why i want another, especially this, I have a 2410 and 2450 purple, so I'm just buying another color...it's cool. I just don't want to deal with the eye roll not like I'd get in trouble. :)
100% understand and agree. Lol!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in Northern California - Bay Area. We're all on lockdown here. Can't leave home except to get groceries.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Sounds crazy... I've been following it on the news, but hadn't heard about the curfew yet. It hasn't been too bad yet here in Kansas, we're typically a bit behind the coasts anyway. I work in a hospital though... and now we have people coming in for testing, entrances are screening visitors and employees, etc... I could handle some self-quarantine playing time!

When I think of the courage of healthcare workers during a crisis, Big Bird riding in a horse-drawn carriage has never come to mind. However, in the future, I think it will be the only thing that comes to mind. 8O

·
Registered
20 Posts
Lol omg...haha
25 guitars here and one of the many reasons why I kicked my ex to the curb was..
It's ok for you to buy buy buy whatever you want only to hord it in the closet but I can't have my guitar museum.. Again 1 of the many reasons and best is the Axe's in the collection do not talk back 🙂

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lol omg...haha
25 guitars here and one of the many reasons why I kicked my ex to the curb was..
It's ok for you to buy buy buy whatever you want only to hord it in the closet but I can't have my guitar museum.. Again 1 of the many reasons and best is the Axe's in the collection do not talk back 🙂
I don't even know, but my number is above 30. I have a list.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts