Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So guys this another rant thread. I came home last night wanting to browse the forums, and play a little world of warcraft, when to my dismay my internet isnt working. Now I work tech support, i have for years, i was a computer science major in college, so ive got a fairly advanced level of expertise with this, and this isnt even me being ****y I DO THIS FOR A LIVING!!!!!! So I know something is wrong with my account after doing some troubleshooting for about 30 mintues. I call adelphia up (of course im on hold for 30 MINUTES) and i get this 11 year old punk who i explain rather nicely to that ive went through x amount of troubelshooting steps about ten times im able to do pings etc, so im POSITIVE that something is wrong with my account at this point, and i would like him to check that. He does not. I do not argue im still polite, he wants to go through troubleshooting so after about 30 minutes hes like I see what the problem is, your account doesnt have any rates on your billing and its been disconnected, so Im of course like I know. So i tell him to reset my account and he claims he cannot *BS* and that only the corporate office can. He transfers me to the corporate office (another 30 minutes on hold and i counted it literally it was 30 minutes). I get another 11 year old this one a girl, whos very polite at least not rude like the little jerk i talked to before. She goes through looks at my account for like five minutes and goes you just need your account reset. So im like thats good thank you please reset my account now. *feeling of releif hits me* She then states that only managers can do this which is contrary to what i was told previously. So i say fine get me a manger. She then replys that none are available but that she will email her manager and have him call me asap that night. I asked her specifically if this was bs. Im like I know how these things are if he cant get back to me i just want to know that my internet isnt going to be back on tonight. So she assures and promises me that i will receive a phone call. It is now 10:30 the next day and STILL NO FRREAKING PHONE CALL. Im about to lose it at this point and I am SO frustrated. I have always done my job, and dealt with things in a timely manner in this industry why do these idiots have to ruin it for me

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
What a load of BS, only a manager can reset your account ROTF. I never buy their we will call you back because they NEVER do. There is no service anywhere these days :mad:. Anyway sorry for your troubles sniper. But man you have patience 90 minutes in the phone :lol:.

Regards

André

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have patience because of my background I guess i get to see the good and the bad and I guess I know when they are giving me bs i knew this all along, you just never really see things like this happen to you. I know it sounds whiney but if anything I should have probably lost it anyways. Im going to absolutely blow my top on them when i get home tonight, god have mercy on whoever I talk to. I just want my internet at home back and its VERy frustrating

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Having a non-working internet sucks man :lol:. Hope you get your internet back without too much hassle.

Regards

André

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
I have patience because of my background I guess i get to see the good and the bad and I guess I know when they are giving me bs i knew this all along, you just never really see things like this happen to you. I know it sounds whiney but if anything I should have probably lost it anyways. Im going to absolutely blow my top on them when i get home tonight, god have mercy on whoever I talk to. I just want my internet at home back and its VERy frustrating
You should just write "WELCOME" on your chest.
You're a human door mat.
Letting them walk all over you.
"Binky the DOORMAT"

JK man, give 'em hell.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not only tech support. These days I think service-based companies have the same common problem of poor customer service as they become so bureaucratic, and accountability has totally diminished.

I remember few years ago I signed up with Sprint for 2 cell phones (2 separate lines). They have a 30 day return policy and I decided to return them because their signal coverage was very poor in Northern California... long story short - the package included a preprinted return merchandise form complete with UPS bag. I bought 2 phones, so I had 2 forms and 2 UPS bags. I filled out 2 separate forms but I put both phones and BOTH forms in the same bag and sent them out. I thought both phones were under the same account so what's the problem. I actually save Sprint some postage.

It took 6 freaking months for them to process the return. Within that time I called Sprint about 15 times, each time holding for God knows how long, then repeating myself the same story to a different customer service rep with the same info (tracking no., account no., date of purchase etc records which they already have). But those idiots could never figured it out until I threatened that I will go to the local news channel and report such poor service. During that 6 months I keep getting bills each month.

Sigh....

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
It seems that people are generally not rewarded by their employers for good service these days. I know in the company I worked for, "merit increases" were a sham, and as many incompetents rose as sharpies. And as many sharpies were axed due to cutbacks as incompetents.

Training time & funds are cut back, jobs are outsourced, and people "know" that whatever they do, their career and even employment isn't tied to performance - while muckymucks who DO the cutting & raise crushing get big bonuses & perks (which sometimes isn't even enough - leading to corrupt profiteering at the expense of the company & employees).

Would YOU give a ****?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So just to give an update to this thread, I called again when I got home last night. Of course they dont have a direct number to the regional center so I spend about 40 minutes on hold but the tech did stay on the line with me to try and get thing sorted out. They still honestly dont know whats up, but they are coming over Saturday to replace my modem and some other things of course all my billing issues will be rectified and im not going to be charged for *any* of my previous service which is great. I was able to log on last night about 10:30 after my cable modem stopped blinking so I did get to play a little world of warcraft and surf around for a little while. Woke up this morning and the lights blinking again. I feel like screaming but hopefully ill get to play sometime again tonight. Just hope my brother gets the a/c fixed.........................................when it rains it pours!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
sniperfrommars1 said:
So just to give an update to this thread, I called again when I got home last night. Of course they dont have a direct number to the regional center so I spend about 40 minutes on hold but the tech did stay on the line with me to try and get thing sorted out. They still honestly dont know whats up, but they are coming over Saturday to replace my modem and some other things of course all my billing issues will be rectified and im not going to be charged for *any* of my previous service which is great. I was able to log on last night about 10:30 after my cable modem stopped blinking so I did get to play a little world of warcraft and surf around for a little while. Woke up this morning and the lights blinking again. I feel like screaming but hopefully ill get to play sometime again tonight. Just hope my brother gets the a/c fixed.........................................when it rains it pours!!
Why dont u play guitar instead of WOW.
PLz dont break the guitar but their heads sure aye split em in 4
My conclussion its the beggining of a new era, since this one is soo decadent right now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts