Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched for a long time for my 77FP. A couple slipped through my fingers, I either didn't act quickly enough or at the time I thought the price was too high. I finally found one a few years ago, and probably overpaid at the time, but I didn't care.

Fast forward to yesterday, I listed it on Reverb but after thinking about it for a few hours, I ended the ad. It just didn't seem right.

I'm thinking this is sticking with me for a long time.

It's crazy, I'm only seeing one for sale on the entire planet, lol.

I guess people are sitting on these. How about you? I know we have a bunch of owners here, how about an informal roll call!

Mine is an '89, with original case.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mines a '93 I think.
Lo Pro version.
Not in perfect condition as it has been well played. But still well looked after.

So I imagine it'll always be more valuable to me than to any possible future buyer.

So it's the one guitar I own that's a keeper for life. I expect many owners are in the same boat, hence why fewer have come up for sale recently.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Sweet, I saw your collection in another thread. I like the story about how you rescued that PGM! (I think that was you)
That's the one!

I'm sure you made the right call keeping yours.

I sold my other jem, a 777VBK, and to this day wish I hadn't. Needed the cash at the time and so couldnt justify keeping 2 near identical guitars. But it still bothers me...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi. Very nice. Mine's an '89 also. I bought it used with 2 small dings, an X2N in the bridge, no case for $850 around 1995.

I had it autographed by a bunch of guitar heroes then displayed it horizontaly. The neck got dried out near a woodstove and cracked at the nut. Luckily, I found a new, unused neck from the classifieds here.

I replaced the original pickups with Evolutions. The old ones were faded and mismatched anyway. It sounds awesome, but needs a setup. I don't play it often. I mostly use my RGA121.

I'll only ever sell if I desperately need the money. I have no idea what it's worth.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Jemboyee, yours has a lot of black, and the dark green flowers look nice. I also like the look of just the two pink humbuckers. It looks a little less cluttered. They might have looked a bit nicer if Ibanez made them without the middle pickup. But then it wouldn't be a Jem I suppose.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Jemboyee, yours has a lot of black, and the dark green flowers look nice. I also like the look of just the two pink humbuckers. It looks a little less cluttered. They might have looked a bit nicer if Ibanez made them without the middle pickup. But then it wouldn't be a Jem I suppose.
I've actually been trying to get a pink cover for the middle pickup from Seymour Duncan, but have had zero luck thus far

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.