Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Ibanez RGA 121 and I love the way it feels but I want to change pickups. I don't play metal, i am more into the classic rock, 80s rock and blues tones. I have a Dr Z Maz 18, and Egnater Rebel 20, and use various low/mid gain OD pedals for gain. In the neck position I would idealy like to be able to get a great clean sound (David Gilmour, Eric Johnson) and for the bridge I like a crunchy, articulate tone (SRV, Joe Bonamassa) I would also like to be able to pull off a classic 80s rock vibe. I know that's asking a lot.

I have a schecter C1 classic with a JB/Jazz set and love it. I want to get close to that but I"d like a deeper, chimey clean in the neck pickup, and maybe a slightly less midrange tone in the bridge (though I love the JB as is) I would really like a lot of versatility.

I have been searching for suggestions, and have been considering Fred, PAF pro, PAF Joe, Breed, Bare Knuckles but I'm not much closer to deciding. Help!!!

I find that the stock pups are very bright (esp the V8) and have also read that the contruction of this guitar creates some obstacles which alter many classic pup choices. Does anyone have any experience with this guitar, and suggestions?

Thank you :confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
RE: Verify registration - click here then click NEW THREAD and post to go on New forum members must click in here and post a NEW THREAD before they post anywhere, view the classifieds or PM/email other members. YOUR IP ADDRESS will be visible in this forum area but only to other verified members and NOT to guests, unverified members, suspended or banned members). Please read this ANNOUNCEMENT for more information. Replies are not allowed

I think I did this. When can I post?
Help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts