Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
937 Posts
Uhm, try Marshall. They offer some good cheap (is that the right word - Mabye 'Affordable' would be better) amplifiers.

MG or AVT range would be alright. 'Av a breeze.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about a Peavey Bandit 112?

Peavey TransTube Bandit 112. The Peavey Bandit has Plenty of punch from 80W RMS runs through a bold 12 inch Sheffield® 1230 speaker while an external speaker jack lets you connect to a bigger cab if necessary.The Peavey Bandit 112 has two footswitchable channels with independent EQ. T.Dynamics®, presence, and resonance controls for true tonal excellence, reverb, and a footswitchable effects loop provide great utility at any type of gig. Modern or vintage voicing on the clean channel and high-gain, modern, or vintage voicing on the lead channel add a huge amount of instant tonal variation. Footswitch included for the TransTube

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Used in the sub-$200 range is going to be tough, to be loud enough to play over a (presumably loud) drummer. It basically rules out tubes, and there's not a lot of high-wattage secondhand stuff you usually see.

My advice would be to go to a number of music shops with good used gear selections, and play everything they have. Barring that, see if you can make it up to $400, and check out a few low-wattage tube amps - There's a few marshalls out there you can find in this range, as well as some fender and peavey stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Marshall 15CDR or whatever the model is, and it's almost loud enough, but not quite there. Do you think a 80 watt Peavey would be louder?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
if you've got a loud drummer, .... and having to stay on the cheap side. I'd go with a Carvin x100b head. I've seen this head and a carvin 4x12 cab go for $300. here in Southern California. Hope you've got pedals, etc.

later, Jeremy

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
slowcmfrtablscrw said:
if you've got a loud drummer, .... and having to stay on the cheap side. I'd go with a Carvin x100b head. I've seen this head and a carvin 4x12 cab go for $300. here in Southern California. Hope you've got pedals, etc.

later, Jeremy
very true, i had a carvin x100b for a while, great clean channle very moldable with outside distortion. They are great heads, and they are damn loud.

·
Registered
610 Posts
try a carvin 2x12 combo dont buy a marshall mg. carvin offers well built hand made products at affordable prices, carvin.com, if you have enough get a half stack i dont know how much your wanting to pay but they have a sx300 sereies half stack for 699 which isnt bad at all, and if you could go tube get the mts series for 969 which is just great for any type of music your wanting to play. especailly metal, so check out carvin.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts