Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys sorry i have been away for awhile. with work my time has become limitted.my question is.''i have a mps-xl pedal board.a morely steve vai bad horsie wha,a bad horsie2 contour wha,a little alligator volume,a digitech whammy,a digitech rp50,a visual sound h20 liquid chours/echo,and a ibanez digital delay.'' what order do i hook my pedals up?'' running them in a chain?.if someone would please help me.you would be a life saver.i dont want to mess any thing up.please help. e-mail me at [email protected] thanks so much.flo

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
There are no hard and fast rules on this, to each his/her own for the most part. However, it is conventional to run all time based effects (chorus, delay, flange, phaser etc...) in an effects loop and keep the rest between the guitar and the amp input. As for order, just try different combinations and pick the one that sounds right to you. Guitar>Wha>Volume>whammy is probably a common order, but fiddling with where the wah is in the chain will cause differences so just try them all out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you gresh i did'nt want to mess anthing up. i have discoverd how to it thanks man you guys are great at the jemsite. thanks flo

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
One thing I suggest is if you run any kind of an input booster pedal is plugging the output of that straight into the amp. I usually put the wah pedal first and a volume in front of it if I am using that. The rest is yours to experiment with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts