Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
its on my 1995 rg570cttb very hard to see as the paint is dark and not noticable. does not look like it goes all the way through the wood just surface but could be going all the way through. its less then an inch closer to half an inch long from the fret board. i can only see it on one side and in the right light other wise not apparent. its a 15 year old guitar. should i have any worries or just ignore it unless it gets longer and bigger. will it probably get bigger or possibly not. where it is where the body wood is very thin before it curves out and gets very thick. it does not seem to want to go any further then just where its obviously weak at the pocket from being thin. it stops way before the mass of the body is and gets very thick. like a said like a half an inch long possibly less i am not using a ruler.

i will try to take pictures but from what i can tell even my canon xt camera cant even pick up on it as my ngd pictures dont show it. it really needs to be on the right angle and is still barely seen its so dark through the transparent layer and so small its less then a half an inch.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i had 50 ibz in the past and i have had 4 wich didnt...those were (almost) new,in some stores have the guitars these cracks!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
my rg2550z which i've had for about a year still doesn't have any finish cracks around the neck joint. i'm kind of waiting for the day when i'll see the first one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
so is this a fixable thing and as i dont need to worry about it when do i know when its time to fix it. once it has fallen apart or something?

i just want to know. when should i consider taking it to the luthier and getting it repaired. i love this guitar and dont want to let it in the future fall apart. so when should i repair this guitar. i understand its probably fine. but when do i know the crack has developed to a state i should get it fixed?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know your probably right. its just my first guitar. and i dont want anything to happen to it. so i am paranoid on maintaining it and preventing anything to happen. we all have felt this way right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts