Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Just on a musical note, I would like to add this. Flutters have little to do with writing a song or writing a great lead. I do appreciate the fact that a guy might think that a trem feels stiff. But so far , there have been very positive reviews about teh functionality of the trem.

I hope that when guys read about a guitar , they don't base their opinion on something irrelevant a bar flutters. I always tell people that get into it this: I can take a piece of crap fender squire and do bar flutters all day on it.IT wont hold tune but it will flutter.I can't wait to try out the new trem

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Is the zero resitance system adequate for VAi-kind whammy wackiness as an Edge-Pro obviously is?

I mean since it's supposed to have a more kind of "classic" tremolo feeling I was wondering if it will still be able to handle very intense dive bombing work ala Van Halen. You know all the kind of stuff that seriously proves the tuning stability of a non-fixed bridge.

·
Registered
440 Posts
sunandmoon said EXACTLY what I though that would happen with the S.

Anyway, as he also said, we still have the RG3120, 2120, T3120...

·
Registered
934 Posts
It's worth noting that in the new issue of Guitar Player (not sure which month: October maybe?), they review the S1620 and it earned an Editor's Pick award. They raved about both the ZR trem and the Wizard neck. I take GP's reviews at their word: they obviously put in the time to really examine an instrument before preparing the review. And it's good to see that Ibanez is starting to get renewed respect for making serious guitars, since a decade or so went by where lots of supposed authorities dismissed them as kiddie shred machines (undeserved, as we knew all along).
Bert

21 - 28 of 28 Posts