Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
617 Posts
I've owned Fenders/squires, epiphones, played a few Gibsons and lots of Ibanez.

Currently have 1x Jem, 2x JS, 1x PGM & an Ibanez lawsuit Les Paul.

I'm tempted to get a strat again every now and then. Then I realise it's mostly marketing. I can get pretty damn close to any tone I want with the variety of coil taps and humbuckers/singles in my ibanez collection. Particularly if i use an EQ..

So if I was to get something non Ibanez I'd go for something really different. Like a semi hollow body. I remember playing a Gretsch that I really liked but didn't have the cash for at the time. Something like that...

· Registered
617 Posts
So if I was to get something non Ibanez I'd go for something really different. Like a semi hollow body. I remember playing a Gretsch that I really liked but didn't have the cash for at the time. Something like that...
I have 13 Ibbies and really love them. But I just did what you mentioned and bought myself a Duesenberg Starplayer TV Custom Shop and it is really awesome. The guitar is so different (and good) that after a long time I am really hooked on playing, not only new and different stuff, but also just more. The semi hollow body vibrates incredibly good. It can do any style and came from the plek machine and perfectly set up. So yes, I can also recommend going for something really different. (Of course not without having any Ibanez left.)
Sounds good! Duesenberg look interesting but I've never had the chance to play one in real life. Hope I do someday.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.