Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

First post here and I'm hoping your collective Ibanez knowledge can help me out. I've looked through what's on here already as far as wiring goes and I just can't seem to find what I need.

I have a Ibanez S1220WNF (2 humbucker) as a project build going and it has no electronics in it. I have a Dimarzio Crunch Lab and a Liquifire to put in but I can't figure out which switch I should be getting and how to wire it. I can get a VLX53 switch from Ibanez but there doesn't seem to be any resources on wiring it. I could also get a "SC" switch from Reverb: "https://reverb.com/item/95212-ibanez-s-series-sabre-replacement-5-way-switch-540r-s570-prestige-japan-j-craft-free-ship-fits-rg". It has a wiring diagram on it for 3 conductor pickups and I don't understand how that translates to a 4 conductor pickup. There's lot of info out there about VLX91 and SC/2052W switches but I can't find any of those to purchase.

If anyone has any insight on this or knows a different switch that is going to fit into my S-Series it would be greatly appreciated as I'm new to wiring up a guitar and floundering a bit at the moment.

- Evan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome! Thx. Which wires do I combine together on my 4 wire bridge humbucker to match up with the diagram that has a 2 wire humbucker in the bridge?

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.