Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone...

So im saving up some money to buy a new guitar, ill have about U$1500 -2000
by January, and i really dont know what i want...yet!
I was wondering, what Ibanez is preparing for next year? (Even if just rumours) which new models are they releasing? what will happen to the prices? any news on limited models? trems? korean made models ? japanese made models? HSH forever?! i want to read it all!

Thanks

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any ideas on the prices? i thought this year prices were a little high, keeping on mind that most models came along with "ok" pickups (IBZ)
I think Ibanez have repeated some features a ¡¡¡lot!!! this last years, i mean, most models have the HSH or HH config. rosewood fretboards everywhere, floating trems everywhere! and one more thing, it would be nice to see some GREEN guitars!

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Maple and Ebony isn't really extraordinary, because they used a maple board on last years 1550 and is still available on the PGM. As for ebony boards, the GBs, PMs and JSMs still have them. I doubt Ibanez will release an 8-string, cause there's not really a huge demand for 8-strings. Anyway, I'll be looking forward to next years 20th Anniversary JEM. :D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But i mean, maple isnt too pricey for mass production, right? i mean there isnt a huge difference between maple and rosewood boards.
And maybe something besides basswood and mahogany bodies? i'd love to see alder or even ash.
Any rumours about the 20th anniversary jem? on looks, specs, anything?

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
My guess is that they discontinued the 1550 is so that they can sell more PGMs (Malple board). You've got Ash on the RGT220A, and I don't think they'll release an Alder bodied RG anytime soon. Alder is reserved for the $2000 7VWH. ;)

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
RG6EX and RG7EX is indeed made in Korea.(at least that's what I have been told by some dealers in Japan). They're aparently being pumped out by the same factory that is making the Schecter Hellraiser series and the ESP/LTD 1000 series of guitars. If the Schecter and ESP/LTD stuff is any indicator of how the RG6EX and the RG7EX will be, then it'll be pretty darn good.

I'm tempted to bring one over from Japan right now, but I have no use for a guitar that isn't in a category of guitars that's drool worthy.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
buddroyce said:
I wish.. But hey.. you never know. Mabe Ibanez will actually start producing non-prestige models in Japan again. :rolleyes:
Don' get your hopes up, though. I think that Ibanez would want to make the Japanese models as the primier, high-end, Prestige series. But then again, three Prestige models are now made in Korea, ;)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.