Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gents,
what is your take on the 450 made in japan (the ones with original edge)?
as far as I can tell, the only difference is the beefier neck joint (which has a fat heel, not slanted like 550/jems). I'm considering buying one and would like to get your opinion on them.

Also, is this bridge legit or what? This "step" looks weird to me

·
Registered
3 Posts
The "step" in the bridge means it's broken ... The broken piece (which is the edge of the vibrato) does not withstand much strain, this is why it doesn't fall off, the knife is supporting it and withstands at the same time the tension of the strings.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
That's a correct 450...... probably a '91 model. The knife edge on the trem looks to be intact and in the correct position. It may be a little fugly looking, but my guess is that it will function perfectly.

You are correct that the heel and input jack are the only differences between this and a 550

FWIW..... the "step" looks like it was ground down on purpose. I'd ask the seller for any information on why- if the info is even available.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yes, the little 'tab' is broken off, but the knife edge is still seated correctly.

Seen a few instances of that, but on the bass side (one of my guitars came this way). Doesn't affect trem performance, in my experience.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts