Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a mint ibanez 470s 1992 MIJ, it's also named sf470 because this is the hardtail model. It has the ibanez v1 s2 v2 pickup configuration. The sound is okay but i think i can get a lot more out of this baby. I'm thinking about replacing de v2 and v1 for some dimarzio's. The paf joe/ mo joe combo has got my attention but i think the mo joe hasn't got more output than the v2 and it wouldn't be much of a difference in sound( correct me if I'm wrong). I'm playing a lot of satriani, santana and vai but also some metallica and other kinds of metal. Would a breed bridge or evo 2 suite my playing style better and give me a bit more sustain than the mo joe. Hope you guys can give some advice! I'm open for suggetions of other pup combo's.

I'm new here so cant put pics in the post...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
i love the sound of an air norton and tone zone in mahogany. nice and big, alot of guys may think that it's a bit boomy for them, but i love the size of the tone. are you playing with a second guitar player or do you typically play solo/sole guitar player. the TZ is great for singular guitarists, but if you need to cut through, a super distortion is great for mahogany and way loud, too.
not a huge fan of the mo joe, fred, evo, or breed. granted i have only heard them in basswood and alder guitars, but i have never been too impressed with them in whatever body wood. now, for basswood, i love the fred in the neck and a super3 in the bridge. air norton gets a second place after the fred, but the super3 is always what i put in basswood if it is a dimarzio and a 6 string.
a duncan jb, custom, and distortion sound great in mahogany, too. those are my duncan standby's.

rich

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thnx for the response. You cant go wrong with the air norton / tone zone combo :p. The Super distortion is maybe a bit to metal for me. I got a Seymour JB in my Ibanez RG320FM sounds great but i want a different sound in my 470s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts