Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1988 Ibanez 540p Roadstar Series Pro. with IBZ/USA pickups. Edge tremolo, wizard neck. 1 knob which is a Beehive Volume knob and individual toggle switches for each of the three pickups (1 double, 2 single) any Idea what its worth? I believe they only made that guitar the 1 year of 1988. It has such a great crunchy tone and the neck plays like a dream.

Thanx
Serge

·
Registered
589 Posts
They made that guitar in '87 and '88. In '89 they still made the 540p but the body style changed significantly. There are some subtle differences between the '87 and '88...most noticeably is the '87 has both a tone and volume knob (in addition to the 3 pickup switches) while the '88 only only has a volume knob and switches. I'd say depending on color, condition, etc it's probably worth somewhere in the 350-550 range.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They made that guitar in '87 and '88. In '89 they still made the 540p but the body style changed significantly. There are some subtle differences between the '87 and '88...most noticeably is the '87 has both a tone and volume knob (in addition to the 3 pickup switches) while the '88 only only has a volume knob and switches. I'd say depending on color, condition, etc it's probably worth somewhere in the 350-550 range.
Thanx

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think its getting to the point where there aren't many 540's (I just bought a 540r) and people are starting to raise the prices because 'collectors' are looking for them. Anyone agree?

I paid $550 for my JB 540r - couldn't be happier, thing is in pristine condition and they don't seem to pop up as much anymore.

As many told me here before, the value is in what you are willing to pay for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts