Ibanez JEM Forum banner
301 - 320 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Hey guys just saw this thread and thought I would chime in. My first real guitar (which I still have) is a 540p HSS with a maple board. I think I owned if for over 10 years before I knew it was the unofficial Satriani model...lol Its still pretty much my favorite to play although it now has Satch's sig right where your forearm rests so its basically "retired". I also have a 540pII with H-S setup. It is currently apart and I am refinishing the body and putting a flame maple veneer on the top.

I do love both of them.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Im only a few months away from my Army themed 540pii.... Almost got all the parts, and its currently getting painted regulation Army green with Dimarzio Camo top dominions... I know I have posted this elsewhere,, but im just so excited over the build.. Iv been dreaming of this for a while now... :p

·
Registered
49 Posts
This is exactly what I'm looking for... in Magenta would be even better!!

I would love to buy one of these.

(sorry, i was responding to post #152 by baileyswalk on this thread. I dont have enough of a post count to include links or images in my posts)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Been in the market for a 540P and this thread has had me drooling for months ... LOL.

Had one through slip through my fingers a couple of weeks back on Guitar Center Used. But today, finally, I landed one. Got a 1989 540PHH (magenta/22 fret) that is in excellent condition. Really excited for this one. Had a friend who had one in the early '90s -- it was a 540PSH striking Five Alarm Red color -- and remember the neck playing like a dream.

Will share pictures when it arrives.

301 - 320 of 343 Posts