Ibanez JEM Forum banner
321 - 340 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is that the one that was on eBay? That is an absolutely gorgeous color, congrats. I just sold my '89 540PSH DY a couple weeks ago to a member on here.
Yeah, that was it. The price was a little high for me so I let the auction end then contacted the seller. We were able to come to an agreement on a price that was within my budget.

Thanks for the congrats. Really looking forward to getting this guitar.

Curious, why did you unload yours?

There was DY PSH on Guitar Center Used a few weeks back and that literally slipped through my fingers. It was in great condition and had a "Custom Made" inlay. I didn't act fast enough and someone snatched it.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Curious, why did you unload yours?
Two main reasons. First was the DY paint. It was in amazing condition due to the guitar being a case queen. DY does not hold up well to being kept out of a case, so the guitar rarely saw the light of day. I like to display my guitars, so I didn't care for that. Second and equally important is that the odd shape leads to really reduced upper fret access. My hand was constantly hitting the lower horn.

It's a very cool guitar and a very neat piece of Ibanez history, but it was just too impractical for me to keep around. Had it been the color of the one you just got, I might have kept it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The silver one was too much of a project, I had planned on airbrusing the Testament CD cover on that one, but ended up selling it.

I knew I sold this thing to someone on this site. Now I know where my old project 540PII HH went.

I still kick myself for doing that. That's what happens when girls influence you when you're young. Wow. I should have just left it original. metalgod72, do you know who you sold it to? I'd like to track this down and bring it back to its original glory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys, I have an Ibanez 540 PII white H/S. Its a bit neglected with a few chips in the enamel.
I was thinking of trying to sell it.
Do you think people would still be interested in buying it to maybe restore?

321 - 340 of 343 Posts