Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pair of used 7 string pickups, vendor said they're from 7321/7421 series but I can't determine what type or year. They're direct mount style 4 conductor, the part number tag says PTP4240 for the bridge and PTP4021 for the neck. The official Hoshino parts lookup page doesn't return any results, I browsed all four pages of their pickup part numbers and nothing is close even as a partial.

Anyone have an idea of what these could be?

·
Registered
437 Posts
They are either going to be an AH-1/AH-2 set (7321) or Quantum 7 set (7421); they wouldnt be dimarzios. If they are from a japanese 7421, they would be V77/78 set, and again, not dimarzios. Pictures would tell a better story here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They sound a lot like the Quantums I had in my old 7421, and that’s good. Not too worried about identifying them anymore, was just wondering how they might be voiced when I got them and posted the original question a year ago. Finally pulled them out of the parts bin to install in a kit this month.

·
Registered
437 Posts
They sound a lot like the Quantums I had in my old 7421, and that's good. Not too worried about identifying them anymore, was just wondering how they might be voiced when I got them and posted the original question a year ago. Finally pulled them out of the parts bin to install in a kit this month.
lol my bad, I didnt see it was a necro bump from the other guy. Glad they worked out :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts