Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was just wondering if anyone could help me with a question. I am seriously considering buying a 1997 7vwh Jem but i want to know if the jems from this period have the same specs as the current jem line. Does anyone have a jem roughly from this year? Do they play/feel the same as a current spec jem? The only difference i can see is that the current jems have rosewood necks instead of the older ebony, but if there is anyone who can help advising me on this guitar it would be cool. - PLAY LOUD -

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
those had and ebony freatboard and a Lo Pro edge with locking studs. The current model has rosewood fretboard and Edge Pro (with non locking studs).

Id take a mint 97 over a new 2006 anyday of the week. but then again, I dont like the 7vwh.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Yes, my only complain is the way it looks.

A fine instrument though, but I wouldnt buy one (at least not with the intention of keeping it).

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey thanks for your help, I've just bought my 97' 7vwh 10 minutes ago! I'll post some pics as soon as it arrives! I have a mate who believes jems look 'naff' and '***' due to the vine inlay. I beleive the tree of life design is a
timeless artistic statement, I see it as a biblical reference to the tree of knowledge and the forbidden fruit of shred!

*twiddles thumbs*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts