Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to get enough time with this beauty, anyone interested in the fantastic Ibanez Artist models (Prestige) might be interested in this read. Any questions, follow-ups or corrections welcome please post below.

click here to read

·
Registered
428 Posts
That is a passionate and detailed review. I'm your typical RG/JEM fan and I wouldn't necessarily pick up an Artist but I will try one out one day purely from the influence of this article.

·
Registered
946 Posts
That may have been the most detailed review of a guitar I've ever read -- well done! These guitars are appreciated in select circles but they do not get the attention and respect they deserve given everything described in your review.

Are you going to publish this somewhere else for broader circulation? It might be good to post it in the Gear Page forums -- ARs are well loved by some players over there, too.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys. I wasn't going to post it anywhere else for now but please feel free to share the link (i'll insert the discussion link there asap) if you want.

Jim is that your '79!?! Can i use that photo to put in the hands-on? That is in great shape!!!

I got the 2619 this summer. The AM is such a nice player with fantastic tone it's a little brighter and cleans up nicely but lacks the tri-sound. The AM is surely sometimes more fun to pickup & play (late at night after a busy day is much lighter!). I had the AM strung with 10s but went back to 9s.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great review! I would recommend the Standard ARs for those who can't afford the Prestige level instrument. I have an AR720 - at $1000 it wasn't a cheap instrument - but it leaves nothing to be desired as far as quality and looks go. Other members of the series look beautiful as well, though not all have the Flying Fingers pickup. Whoever built these did a fine job. They came out recently enough too that used models could save you some money and probably still play like new.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts