Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stumbled upon this Ibanez Artfield AFD40 (with IBZ/USA pickups) a couple of months ago (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/162/1.jpg). It wasn't in its best shape, but after some sanding, oiling, new tuners and refitted original pickup, it's really nice. I have been looking for one of these for ages, and when the opportunity arrived, I couldn't resist.

The guitar looks great, plays wonderful and sound good as well, although the frets are too small for me and the neck pickup keeps getting in the way of my picking hand all the time (I am used to a two humbucker setup) and therefore, I have been thinking about trading or selling it.

As you probably know, these guitars don't show up very often and it's very hard for me to esimate its value. Any ideas?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Looks great, congratulations, you did a superb job restoring its shine. The missing back cover is not so nice, but you could get yourself a plate of pickguard material and use a jigsaw to make a replacement.

As for the value; I suppose you could get at least EUR 750 for that beauty. They are REALLY rare.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great, congratulations, you did a superb job restoring its shine. The missing back cover is not so nice, but you could get yourself a plate of pickguard material and use a jigsaw to make a replacement.

As for the value; I suppose you could get at least EUR 750 for that beauty. They are REALLY rare.
Thanks for the input, although I was expecting a higher estimate. There seem to be one up for sale here for £2000, although that one is heavily modified (and unsold, probably due to its price). Maybe I'll just put it up for trade and see what offers drops in, or put it on e**y.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thanks for the input, although I was expecting a higher estimate.
That's why I wrote "at least". :) It's really hard to tell because Artfields only come to the surface so seldom. However, the GBP 2000 is a price idea from another universe, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Would you consider shipping it to the U.S.? I sold my AFD-45 a couple of years ago and have been missing it. I agree with the interference of the neck pickup on playing lead...you have to be very thoughtful when playing around it. Send me a PM if you're interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
790 Posts
wtf, I've never seen this guitar before!

30 frets?!

Sort of looks like a bass guitar body.

How is the upper fret access?

Your last pic doesn't work.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I stumbled upon this Ibanez Artfield AFD40 (with IBZ/USA pickups) a couple of months ago (http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/162/1.jpg). It wasn't in its best shape, but after some sanding, oiling, new tuners and refitted original pickup, it's really nice. I have been looking for one of these for ages, and when the opportunity arrived, I couldn't resist.

The guitar looks great, plays wonderful and sound good as well, although the frets are too small for me and the neck pickup keeps getting in the way of my picking hand all the time (I am used to a two humbucker setup) and therefore, I have been thinking about trading or selling it.

As you probably know, these guitars don't show up very often and it's very hard for me to esimate its value. Any ideas?
$7000 Yes it is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts