Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm about to buy an Ibanez AZ 2402, probably the burst one.

Since most of the time I don't use the floathing bridge and like it fixed, but sometimes play with it, I want to install a Tremol-No. Had one on RG 1570 and it worked great.

So, which one fits? Pin type, Small clamp or Large clamp?

Thank you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WTF!! Nobody knows?

Guitar arrived and is all I hoped it would be.

Here is the picture of the tremolo block I found online. Hope it helps. Sent it to Tremolo-No. com but no answer.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
Is this a trick question?

The pin type will fit just fine, big clamp will probably fit as well, small clamp may even fit.

Why don't you just take the spring cover off and MEASURE the thickness of the trem block?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not a trick question. Don't know how the tremol-no works or how it attaches to the block. Want to be sure before I buy.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
Odds are you might be the first to try (or care to try). There is a long AZ thread here and a shortage of I GOT ONE posts. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I have one, a premium albeit with a different block. I couldn't answer the question as I have no desire to put a tremol-no in. This is my first non-locking trem in forever and I'm amazed how well it stays in tune.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I have one, a premium albeit with a different block. I couldn't answer the question as I have no desire to put a tremol-no in. This is my first non-locking trem in forever and I'm amazed how well it stays in tune.
I'm finding my guitars with locking tuners and a decent cut nut to be just as good as a full locking trem system... my guitar with a Wilkinson vs50 MKII rarely goes out of tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts