Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Just let us know what you think about the brand new ibanez catalog 2013 about JEM et UNIVERSE ?

In particular the JEM7V7 ???
According to me, she's Woawwwww :D !!!)

And the Universe Premium model ???
Mmmm.... Ok... But where's the original one ? why ibanez didn't produce any Universe "made in japan" in 2013 ???
Ok, she's black since so long time but she could have been refresh but not deleted :cry::cry::cry:)

And you my friends and Jem&Uv fans, what do you think about it ???

Cheers.

Manta.

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Where does it say that Ibanez need to release a MIJ UV every year ? This year they released an indo UV and a MIJ 7 string Jem... I dont understand why thats not good enough... ???

·
Registered
512 Posts
Where does it say that Ibanez need to release a MIJ UV every year ? This year they released an indo UV and a MIJ 7 string Jem... I dont understand why thats not good enough... ???
Agreed 100%. For me the Indo Universe fits right into my budget. It's a really nice looking guitar for a great price. I have been dying to pick up a seven string since I sold my RG7421 a few years ago. And now I have the opportunity to get an Ibanez Premium Universes for under 2k. I can't wait to pick one up.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Meh, seems to me like an underrating operation for the Universe, maybe the end of the original top notch 7 string line to let the new 7 string Jem rise

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Please explain the extensive experience you've had with the EZ2 to come to this conclusion.
I'd like to know too cuz I was under the impression that the EZ2 is a good bridge. I have an EZ bridge on my RG2550z and I love that bridge - stable and stays in tune.

What's your opinion on the EZ2 Rich? I'm not sure how it differs from the original EZ on my 2550z

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry guys I shouldn't have said that since all of my Ibanez's have Edges, Edge Pros or Lo-Pro Edges. I was under the impression that anything with a 2 or 3 is not nearly as good as the Edge or Zero. I have had horrible experience with the TRS Trem on a RG7420. I have heard that the edge 2 and 3s are not good and have felt that in guitar stores so I assumed the Zero 2 would be the same kind of thing.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The new UV looks great, but the trem is making me sad too. Not the actual trem, but I REALLY love the old pop in edge trem bars, and these screw in ones are horrible IMO. If they aren't screwed in tight enough, there's an annoying looseness. Like the trem bar moves slightly in the "socket". Of course if you tighten them enough to get rid of that, the bar becomes too stiff to push/pull out of the way easily...

·
Registered
512 Posts
Is this Edge Zero II really that bad? or are you guys saying this based on your personal preference? I'm not judging you, I'm just trying to figure out if this a guitar I should spend my money on. Can I swap the bridge for a lo-pro-7 without any mods?

·
Registered
805 Posts
I like the bar on the regular Edge Zero better. I find the Edge 2 bar a bit finicky with regards to how it stays at the stiffness you want. The system itself works very well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts