Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As of June 18, 2022. I’m not sure what I wanna do with it. It’s in good shape, a small amount of yellow by the volume knob. I don’t have the case but I have the strap. I hate having a guitar just sitting in a case. I might wanna trade for possibly a nice Gibson Flying V, maybe an older Tele custom, I don’t know. I just feel awful that it sits in the dark and I know there is someone out there who really wants one. Could make some $$ offers as well, Btw- if it’s a stupid offer I’m just not even gonna reply. I don’t want any les Paul’s either. For some reason everyone wants to trade me their LP standard for this. I’ve had like 10 different people offer that. Ha .
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Plant Sleeve Violet Tree Magenta

Thanks !
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
71 Posts
I’m not sure what I wanna do with it. It’s in good shape, a small amount of yellow by the volume knob. I don’t have the case but I have the strap. I hate having a guitar just sitting in a case. I might wanna trade for possibly a nice Flying V . Anyone wanna talk about this guitar with me, share some options? I’m in Denver ! Thanks ! View attachment 18102
Would have to be one special V to get me onboard Lol.

Chrome Boy is kinda unique, not easily replaceable.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happened to the case? Do you have the Bar? I Would need to see some close up pics front and back, and check prior sold listings
I don’t have the bar or the case. My uncle is a detective and the guitar was stolen from someone and put in a storage as evidence. When the case was closed they called the original owner to come get it and after a year of holding it they were going to throw it out and so he gave it to me. I can take some more pics tomorrow !

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I don’t have the bar or the case. My uncle is a detective and the guitar was stolen from someone and put in a storage as evidence. When the case was closed they called the original owner to come get it and after a year of holding it they were going to throw it out and so he gave it to me. I can take some more pics tomorrow !
That is a great story! I had some rifles stolen once, they turned up at a local gun store when the thief sold them. There were three of them, and they all got returned with nice Leopold scopes on them.

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
I think there are a couple of things to keep in mind. Firstly the whammy bar is not a problem, any standard Ibanez Edge bar will do so that can easily be replaced, but the cases were different and will be harder to source one if you’re looking at getting the complete package back together. It’s this latter time no that will affect its value to collectors.

However it’s a very rare and desirable guitar in seemingly good condition :D

A good review of eBay and Reverb listings will tell you the value but you. Ightnhavebto knock a bit off for that missing case :(

I’m not sure whether a Flying V owner is the sort of person to want a JS10, so you might also want to look at trade ins with stores or just a simple sale and so on to maximise the value you get back from it.

Good luck in your tone quest :)

·
Registered
912 Posts
I’m gonna keep them together

, but thank you
I might postulate that given the lack of case, not having the strap won’t hurt the value further. If you change your mind let me know, depending on condition I’d give you $200-250 for it.

Otherwise, it’s an awesome guitar! With a good price it’ll sell quick.

·
Administrator
7,567 Posts
I might postulate that given the lack of case, not having the strap won’t hurt the value further.
One could counter, that every piece of the ‘outfit’ as some U.K. dealers refer to these sorts of matching guitar/strap/case caboodles that is missing hurts the value more than it would for a non-matching setup.

If you’re willing to pat $250 for a strap, maybe someone else is willing to pay $300 for it when included with the right guitar ;)

·
Registered
912 Posts
One could counter, that every piece of the ‘outfit’ as some U.K. dealers refer to these sorts of matching guitar/strap/case caboodles that is missing hurts the value more than it would for a non-matching setup.

If you’re willing to pat $250 for a strap, maybe someone else is willing to pay $300 for it when included with the right guitar ;)
Based on the amount of people I’ve seen who have sold them off individually or just straight up lost them, I think it’s a possibility either way. If someone were looking to complete the set w/ a non original case, then yes they’d have to source the strap next which is very difficult

I bought one for my evo replica a few weeks ago, now I just need one for my BRMR and then I’m done offering absurd money for such an ugly strap ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.