Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From left to Right:
- Ikea Billy bookcase. All original.
- JS 1000 BTB with Edge Pro.
- JS 1600
- Jem 77FP (Lo Pro version)
- PGM 100 heavily modded. Sanded down given a more rounded body with oil finish. Replaced the Edge with a new non tarnished one (and used the extra set of locking studs to upgrade my JS1000). Killswitch installed for Buckethead covers.
- Antoria Les Paul (I think late 70s Fujigen, lawsuit model. Ibanez rebranded as Antoria on some European exports).

Which is your favourite?

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've gotta ask,why did you modify that PGM so much? Did it have any significant damage?
I bought it 12 years ago crazy cheap on Yahoo auctions in Japan.. The previous owner had sanded the finish off badly. The trem was no longer floating as they'd screwed it right back and was pitted and corroded. Action was insanely low so anything approaching a bend choked out...

I've brought it back to life so now it looks great and plays possibly the best of the bunch. Looks pretty unique. Just not much like a PGM any more... Haha..

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
I bought it 12 years ago crazy cheap on Yahoo auctions in Japan.. The previous owner had sanded the finish off badly. The trem was no longer floating as they'd screwed it right back and was pitted and corroded. Action was insanely low so anything approaching a bend choked out...

I've brought it back to life so now it looks great and plays possibly the best of the bunch. Looks pretty unique. Just not much like a PGM any more... Haha..
Fair enough, and the work you've done looks pretty cool. :) It's a shame that the previous owner put it into a terrible state though.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fair enough, and the work you've done looks pretty cool.
It's a shame that the previous owner put it into a terrible state though.
Yeah, would have been nice to have had a mint condition original. But this way I've got something genuinely unique.
Like it's no longer Paul's signature model, it's mine. 🙂
I really like the feel of the RG body shape with the edges rounded off too. I wonder if ibanez have ever put out a production model like that?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's hard to find Ikeas all original in that condition man. Nice score. Seriously though I love those two JSs.
Yeah it was a long hard search to get a genuine Billy bookcase. But at least I got a hot dog at the end.

I love a good JS too. Almost gave up on them. My first ibanez was a JS100. That damn low Trs trem nearly put me off for life.

·
Registered
339 Posts
From left to Right:
- Ikea Billy bookcase. All original.
- JS 1000 BTB with Edge Pro.
- JS 1600
- Jem 77FP (Lo Pro version)
- PGM 100 heavily modded. Sanded down given a more rounded body with oil finish. Replaced the Edge with a new non tarnished one (and used the extra set of locking studs to upgrade my JS1000). Killswitch installed for Buckethead covers.
- Antoria Les Paul (I think late 70s Fujigen, lawsuit model. Ibanez rebranded as Antoria on some European exports).

Which is your favourite?
Very cool! Great collection. Thank you for sharing!

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
I’ve got a billy bookcase in my Ibanez collection as well, mines the same finish as yours too, happy new bookcase day!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got a billy bookcase in my Ibanez collection as well, mines the same finish as yours too, happy new bookcase day!
Somehow I find FPFAS (flat pack furniture acquisition syndrome) easier to avoid than regular GAS. Although it still seems to eat up a lot of my disposable cash...
😃🤘

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The floral was my first "grown up" (i.e. Fujigen / prestige) ibanez. It's still the star of the show.

Cool stuff and I dig the floral....
Been playing the JS1600 a lot lately though. It's actually an amazing instrument for Ambient guitar. Quick alternative tunings for drones and the coil split with high pass filter is brilliant with an E-bow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.