Ibanez JEM Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ibanez.com

The glue I removed but it took a layer of the finish of the maple fingerboard.

I dont own a scanner so I cant show you the paint reaction. What has probably happened is that before the Instrument was painted someone touch that part of the bedywork and has some sort of chemical on their fingers. Once painted the chemical has reacted with the paint causing a blotchy nasty lookin effect.

Since I have noticed the seams problem I have checked out other RG's and they dont seem to have this problem.

Maybe I'm just far to fussy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Ibanez.com

It's like a pack of Wolves attacking a poor defenceless RG owner here. Kevan and Rich, you really are being a bit harsh on poor RG550.

Give the guy a break, I know that if I bought a guitar with problems like that I would be pissed.

Why are you trying to explain away all the blemishes.
Is there meant to be glue on the fingerboard? NO If he's taken it off or not is not the issue, it shouldn't be there.
The seams thing, since I read it I have checked my guitars (I own an RG as well) and others in stores and haven't seen this.
The paint reaction is definitely a factory problem an no amount of your excuses can change that.

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
Ibanez.com

Why is EVERYBODY so F'n touchy around here lately?!?! We haven't 'attacked' ANYBODY, if you'd like to READ the thread all we have done is try to HELP!!!! You're so sure the blem on the horn is factory? Did you watch it from the time it entered the shop till it left? No possibility a mechanic could have stopped by with a little brake fluid on his fingers? It might be a factory defect, I don't know, but if it's that BIG, how could you miss it when you bought it? We could go visit another recent thread about microscopic examination of guitars, but I sure don't want to go there. The seams occur when the 2 pieces of wood that make up the body shrink at a different rate, it's wood, not as Glen would say, titanium. This is not a 'flaw', neither is the paint wearing off the screw heads. Sure, in a perfect world there would never be a tiny spot of glue that ended up on a fretboard, but was it glue? Or a pimple of clearcoat? I'm not defending or making excuses for anybody, just calling things as I don't see them, since I'm not there, and neither are you!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ibanez.com

I agree everyone chill-out.:cool:

Is this forum not for people who kinda like Ibanez guitars?:biggrin:

I'm not trying to contribute to this fight but I just though I'd mention for future reference brake fluid doesn't contain anything that would strip the paint anymore and hasen't for a long time.
I am a car mechanic and have re-sprayed many cars. By the sounds of things the reaction thing probably did happen at the factory but who knows.
I have seen it happen so many times. Someone comes along and touches the panel your going to spray and leaves a greasy paw print. When you paint it this area reacts and has to be totally refinished. This probably has nothing to do with guitars so leave me out of the fight:sarcasm:

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
Ibanez.com

Cool, you're probably right, my point was that we just don't know. I've done alot of body shop service work over the last 12 years and I've seen it all too. We, online, have to depend on sometimes vague descriptions from some that may be much less experienced at providing them. Sometimes it's just a case of a mountain made out of a molehill, and sometimes it actually is something of concern.

The biggest question is why you just didn't return the guitar? We as consumers also have a responsibility to make sure we are satisfied with our purchases in the alloted 'return period'. Here in the US if you're a day late from your 14/30 day return period the answer is always the same "Sorry, you're a day late". I sure don't presume to know the laws in every country, but if I'm buying ANYTHING that costs me a few bucks, I'm inspecting it with a fine tooth comb before the cash comes out of my pocket. Even in the US most music stores have a return for store credit only policy, so you're either sure, or you're sorry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ibanez.com

I did try to return the guitar but they would not take it back. I argued with them for ages and got absolutely nowhere apart from kicked out of the shop. The store I bought the RG from I would never ever even buy a pick from them again.
I used to get all my gear from there but it was taken over 8 months ago and it has gone down hill fast, All they care about is profit.

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
Ibanez.com

How long after you bought it did you try and return it? Too late now but I wonder what your laws are that govern this. In the US they'd be dragged into small claims court within 2 weeks.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Ibanez.com

RG550- You should have asked any of the regulars here; they'll tell ya that buying from Ed Roman means nothing but hassles.
:biggrin:
With some "blokes" over on that side of the "pond", we should be able to find you a "shagadelic" store for all your Ibanez needs.

Jono? Pablo? Ripley? Can you help a brother out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ibanez.com

I bought it on the Saturday, they were closed on the Sunday and I tried to return it on the Monday.

Small claims court would have been too much hassle. I am a poor student and dont have the resources too do things like that.

But anyway you learn from your mistakes and I certainly have. :biggrin:

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
Ibanez.com

Not knowing the UK, in the US (most states) it costs $15 to file in small claims, and that must be reimbursed by the sued party when they loose. Sounds to me like you could have taken care of the problem at the time, and failure to do so on your part puts you as much at fault.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ibanez.com

Does it seem like this thread has kinda gone off-topic? :)

BTW does anyone have a list of Ibanez "authorized dealers" outside the US (besides Japan)?

·
Super Moderator
7,284 Posts
Ibanez.com

Quote: from Kevan on 6:51 pm on Feb. 25, 2001
RG550- You should have asked any of the regulars here; they'll tell ya that buying from Ed Roman means nothing but hassles.
:biggrin:
With some "blokes" over on that side of the "pond", we should be able to find you a "shagadelic" store for all your Ibanez needs.

Jono? Pablo? Ripley? Can you help a brother out?
YEAH BABY

I know I can find a "groovy" store in RG 550's area :)

RG 550 - get in touch with me at [email protected] if you want any help :)

I won't bite ... hard :biggrin: Shall we shred now or shall we shred later?

·
Registered
2 Posts
its Hoshino USA in Bensalem, PA and the number is 215-638-8670. just select the company directory option and it will eventually say "for Ibanez Guitars, press "whatever number" - cant remember...but thats the phone number for sure!

·
Registered
791 Posts
its Hoshino USA in Bensalem, PA and the number is 215-638-8670. just select the company directory option and it will eventually say "for Ibanez Guitars, press "whatever number" - cant remember...but thats the phone number for sure!
I'm sure if anybody is still looking from 9 years ago that will be most helpful :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
im sure people see this thread all the time (even if they havent responded to it). its one of the first pages listed when you google "ibanez contact phone number" and ibanez does NOT make their number easy to find...

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
Re: Ibanez.com

But now that it's resurected, give Glen the candy bar for hitting the solution right on the head. This is the way ibanez.com was transformed into the multi country site it is today.

also, common sense would immediately have me make ibanez.com a GENERIC worldwide homepage, not the page for Hoshino USA. The current ibanez.com can be put on a subdomain after the person selects what country they are from.

See examples at any global companies website

For example, Hoshino USA (ibanez.com currently) would be a click-thru link off ibanez.com's main 'worldwide' site.

USA *---> usa.ibanez.com (or ibanez.com/usa)
South America --> sa.ibanez.com (or ibanez.com/sa)
Europe
Japan
etc

this is business 101 weeek 2.

·
Vendor
26,331 Posts
im sure people see this thread all the time (even if they havent responded to it). its one of the first pages listed when you google "ibanez contact phone number" and ibanez does NOT make their number easy to find...
Evidently 411 never crossed their minds? ;)

41 - 60 of 60 Posts