Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings gents!

A buddy has an original 1991 RG550 with the Edge trem.

Is there a way / place to order just the blades / knife edge inserts for this unit? I know Rich mentioned filing is several posts however I was wondering if there is a way to get ahold of some brand new ones or aftermarket?

Many thanks
~J

·
Registered
386 Posts
There was quite an extensive thread about this previously. From what I remember they weren't producing knife edges. Rich also mentioned that they were next to impossible to fit, so the consensus was that sharpening was the only way to go until it was time to replace the trem.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're removable (see video above) and I was totally thinking the same thing. Fabricate, produce and have Will Ferrell endorse them as "Blades Of Glory"!!

sorry, the lame was strong on that one lol.

·
Banned
983 Posts
They're removable (see video above) and I was totally thinking the same thing. Fabricate, produce and have Will Ferrell endorse them as "Blades Of Glory"!!

sorry, the lame was strong on that one lol.
I just watched it, hmmm quite a pain.... but definitely worth repairing them than going for a new plate, or even worse trem.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
The inserts are much easier to remove than the video suggests. It's also a lot easier to file your inserts when they are out of the trem........

1 - 7 of 7 Posts