Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

I have been searching for the foam mounts that ibanez uses to mount their pickups on direct mounted guitars, they are about a 1/2 thick with very high density.

I've tried looking in home depot and hardware stores and they are all crap with no density, they are way to soft and aren't thick enough, thickest i found are about 1/4.

does anyone know anything like the one ibanez uses or can recommend something very similar and where to purchase?

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi all,

I have been searching for the foam mounts that ibanez uses to mount their pickups on direct mounted guitars, they are about a 1/2 thick with very high density.

I've tried looking in home depot and hardware stores and they are all crap with no density, they are way to soft and aren't thick enough, thickest i found are about 1/4.

does anyone know anything like the one ibanez uses or can recommend something very similar and where to purchase?
I hear you loud and clear fellow Jemsitter! I looked in those stores as well when I needed some. A friend of mine who was a guitar tech for some time ended up giving me some.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Crimson guitars, when direct mounting pickups, actually cut off a short amount of industrial spring (Think about as big as the spring on a bigsby, maybe a little bigger) and screw the pickup into that. Apparently its a very firm mount.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts