Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hot-rodded FR-custom reverse headstock is almost done now. The body was handpicked by Magnus Olsson out of 30 other bodys, The tele-designed pickguard is also his work. He has done the routing, coppershielding and wiring. The reverese neck has been refinished in white with a nice custom logo . The pickups is tonezone S in the bridge, angled paul gilbert style. Dimarzio Area T in the neck. It's in need of a proper setup but other than that, ready to go. I only hope Ibanez would pick up this great idea with the reverse headstock :mrgreen: ;)

·
Registered
781 Posts
Maybe Magnus can get into the heads of the guys at ibanez to make one of these MIJ...
I will tell them.
But for my personal test would I suggest them to turn the head stock the right way :)
I am not a fan of up side down guitar heads.

But I would like to see a stock FR with that pickup configuration (but a normal telepickup in the bridge). Also with a pickguard in that style on the FR would be cool to see.
With that said, I think the sales potential of a guitar like that would be very low, Ibanez people don't seem to like singlecoils.

The new FR365 are sexy enough for me to be hard.

/Magnus

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
I will tell them.
But for my personal test would I suggest them to turn the head stock the right way :)
I am not a fan of up side down guitar heads.

But I would like to see a stock FR with that pickup configuration (but a normal telepickup in the bridge). Also with a pickguard in that style on the FR would be cool to see.
With that said, I think the sales potential of a guitar like that would be very low, Ibanez people don't seem to like singlecoils.

The new FR365 are sexy enough for me to be hard.

/Magnus
:lol:

I think they would sell good over here in Japan, considering the market is flooded with Tellies, strats, and LPs. Ibanez releasing a single coil guitar would be really nice for this market. We didn't get the single coil roadcores, which is a mistake on Ibanezes part imo. At that price point, for the Japanese market, I think they would sell. heck, I contemplated an indo FR because the body shape and wiring configuration are different. MIJ roadcores came so I gave up on that, but FRs are really cool guitars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts