Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I am new to the forum, but I hope that you will not ignore my message :)

My question concerns the Ibanez FR365 with HS (Tone Core) pickups. I have been wondering for some time that I should upgrade those and find something better.

I have decided upon buying DiMarzio Tone Zone as my neck pickup which I did, but I have a problem when it comes to the neck pickup.

I have been considering DiMarzio Area T, Twang King or Virtual T yet I have found that my Tone Zone is a high-output pickup and a classical telecaster neck pickup may cause some output imbalance issues.

My question is the following: is it possible to fit a 'strat' style pickup in the FR365 model? Or are there any other alternatives I should consider when it comes to the neck pickup?

Thank you in advance for all the responses.

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
I'm a bit confused, are you saying that you bought a tone zone as the neck pickup, or are you looking to pair a neck pickup with the tone zone in the bridge?

Hi there,

I have decided upon buying DiMarzio Tone Zone as my neck pickup which I did, but I have a problem when it comes to the neck pickup.

I have been considering DiMarzio Area T, Twang King or Virtual T yet I have found that my Tone Zone is a high-output pickup and a classical telecaster neck pickup may cause some output imbalance issues.

Thank you in advance for all the responses.
If the Tone Zone is in the bridge position, then yes, you may find some imbalance issues with a standard tele-style neck pickup, but it all depends on what you want from the guitar.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts