Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I think Ibanez decided to discontinue the Genesis line with a bang by doing this for the holidays.

I knew about this since Sunday, that's why I made the GAS thread. For a moment, I wanted to buy it, but the only difference is the color. I asked for a discount, but they are not offering any since is a limited edition, maybe if they had given me a 15% discount. I thought about buying it and maybe selling the rg550, but I don't know. The rg550 in red is a classic.

I could buy and resell it on Reverb, but profit wouldn't be that much anyway after reverb fee and shipping.

$1000. I think I'll pass on that though it looks nice. It would look nice in my rack next to my rg565 orange. I've decided my next guitar if I ever buy another one will have to be a japanese Jem (if it ever returns) or ideally a J custom.

I already have the rg550 and rg565.

I also want to buy either a new amp or multi-effect system like Axe-FX or something, since I'm using my old Peavy Vypyr amp, so I can be set for at least a decade of playing if not more, and not buy anything else if possible.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Thanks for the info. I might try to get one of these. It will have to wait until Monday though, after Ive paid the bills. I was bad enough today. I came home with a new Mesa/Boogie cab, at a really nice price, while chasing down a vintage guitar at a friend’s shop. I may just wait and see what is available after the holidays.

In the last 3 months I’ve bought about 14 guitars. 9 of em last month. I need to slow down a bit. Unless Biden wants to give us all another “stimulus”check, I will probably wait until summer before I buy another guitar.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Fowleri you keep this place alive! But you are so secretive and mysterious.
I think I have some autism, it was hinted at by a therapist as a child and my current therapist hinted at it. I wanted to look for an official diagnosis but is expensive like $2000 and insurance wouldn't cover it as an adult, but it would explain all my weird behaviors lol

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I think I have some autism, it was hinted at by a therapist as a child and my current therapist hinted at it. I wanted to look for an official diagnosis but is expensive like $2000 and insurance wouldn't cover it as an adult, but it would explain all my weird behaviors lol
Hey, thanks for sharing. I was told that some of the diagnosis I had when I was a kid, would place me on the Autism spectrum. Both of my sons too, and my daughter. One has out grown out of most of his behavioral issues, and the other one has Asperger’s. The VA said they could give me a battery of tests, to determine how mild or severe it is, but said that there is no point as there is no treatment for it. I took one test, and it came back that I have mild Autism not Aspergers and I have a high IQ, but I am somewhat lacking socially. Dare I say socially retarded.

One lucky thing about it is I have great reading comprehension. When I was going through medical training, I would be able to memorize the most important parts in the Pulmonology text books, and always aced all of my tests In college.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
That VK 565 is so sexy, I'm so tempted, but I really have zero need for it, it's all just want and eye candy. I have an excellent 550 that I've had forever and I have a EB JP that plays better than anything else, I have more guitars than I need since I'm not playing out, currently, so as much as I want it, I'm gonna sit and watch everyone else enjoy theirs, I think.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
If I didn't already have two square heels I would have snapped up that RG565VK. Almost went for the fluorescent orange one but they vanished quick. Maybe in the future... The VK is sharp!!!
Of course, with these coming out it makes me wonder if there will be another 565 coming out next month with an even cooler finish. If they don't kill off the Genesis line that is.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I wish I could snatch up a 565... Reminds me of the RG3XXV I foolishly sold! That was a great playing and sounding guitar! Had a few differences, like EZ2 - D-Activator/Air Norton S - but looked very similar with maple board, color matched dots, reverse headstock, H-S p/u config.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have an orange one and just ordered the laser blue... I really like them because I pick too far in and hit the pickups with my pick a bit (I know, bad technique) and on these, I never hit the pickups.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.