Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'am putting together a Custom JEM guitar and have recently been browsing RIch's website for the hardware to equip my soon to be guitar.

Ibanez has various plating finishes available and, while some are self-explanatory (ie. Chrome, Black, Gold) some are not so obvious. I happen to know what Cosmo Black looks like, since it probably is the most common plating on Japanese Ibanez. I'm also familiar with Violet Chrome (stunning imho), and Vintage Silver.

I, however, stumbled across three finishes I don't quite know how they look like. Power Gold, Power Cosmo and Power Nickel.

Can anybody show me where I can find pics, or post them here, or also, explain how they differ from the regular gold and cosmo plating?

I tried searching Google and the Forum, but I was unsuccessful!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I'm pretty sure those are all POWDER colours, nothing like true powder coating though.

You can find powder gold on some JCustoms, such as the Paint4&5, as well as certain presitge SC models (iirc).
Powder Cosmo is on the Korean RGT42.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh, I see. I'm sorry, I did google, but I did it wrong. I looked for Power, since Ibanezrules.com lists as power. Guess it might be a typo on Rich's site. I'll look for Powder now, makes more sense indeed!

Thank you all for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts