Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
mmm didn't know that, fine Jem the fourth's(don't tell me that's taken)! lol Ok that might be pushing it, but they are the most Jem-esque Rg's IMO. Cheap, effective guitars, but sadly still no jem playablilty/trem wise :(.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I dunno about that. I've got an RG370DX with a perfect neck with perfect action comparable to that of a JEM (and yes, I've played JEMs before). Of course, the JEM neck will ALWAYS feel a little better but I can still play just as fast and easily on either. And when I swap the bridge for an OFR, it's going to be even sweeter.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
lyconxero said:
I dunno about that. I've got an RG370DX with a perfect neck with perfect action comparable to that of a JEM (and yes, I've played JEMs before). Of course, the JEM neck will ALWAYS feel a little better but I can still play just as fast and easily on either. And when I swap the bridge for an OFR, it's going to be even sweeter.
Of course plenty of guitars come close, and many higher end RG's are just as nice, but a Jem is always in a league of its own IMO. And yeah I can and most people can play just as well on a lower end decent guitar, it feels more like a Jem wants you to play it and whether a high end RG plays just as well as a Jem or not, It's still not a Jem.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I believe the rgs are great guitars. Some of the 350s are proof that korean factory quality has gone up, and that can only be a good thing, because what does this mean for the higher end ones? they go up more too! :)

I think we can now affectionately adorn the rg350 as the Jem IV, though i believe they are better since theres a super low price point, allowing for upgrades ;)

I have one and I love it, but I must confess, its neck just can't size up to my unfinished, sanded DSY neck

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Shredcows said:
hmmm.... perhaps you wanna do a quick check of the wiring and setup the trem properly before sending her to the bay?

The Edge III is a pretty stable bridge...
Yes it is, for the price. It gets alot of bad heap more then it should, but for the money its great...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I know that some people on this site have some issues with this Ed Roman person but he has REALLY good prices on the Original Floyd Rose (not a licensed Floyd, but an ORIGINAL which is still the best). I saw them on his site for as low as $150. You might also be able to find one used on 'evilbay' for cheaper but the Original is the way to go.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.