Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Also, I think these were an APRIL FOOLS DAY gag. Its just a photoshopped JS body shape lol.
Oh I figured ages ago with rich not commenting, this has no way of being legit lol.

It doesnt make sense, and yeah; the single scale fanned fret business lmao. I think if they left that alone, Id have nibbled a bit more lol. If it is real? Im goin back to sleep until the nightmare is over though lol.
I only play .strandberg* headless guitars. I would have never thought I'd be into them when I was younger & only playing Ibanez but I tried a friends and the difference was night and day. SO comfortable to play, so light, easy to play & super balanced when it comes to playing with a strap. The a-symmetrical endurneck is the greatest neck profile imo of all time. I really don't see this brand as a phase or gimmick and think it will last for a very long time. Others however, aren't as robust a design and will probably fade over time.

I'd suggest trying before immediately knocking. The benefits of a headless guitar certainly are not the looks, but its substantial enough to warrant people willing to take endless abuse and questions from the general public about them ;)

Sort of like, you didn't know you needed it till you tried it, and now it will never be the same! ha

lol sorry. I gotta ask though, was this back when they were handmade to precise custom specs for 2000$ or is this a korean one thats 5700$? :D (lol, I am absolutely taking the **** with you, dont mind me please lol). He IS a wanker, but hes a marketing genius and I've yet to see a single person complain about a strandberg of any kind though.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Oh I figured ages ago with rich not commenting, this has no way of being legit lol.

It doesnt make sense, and yeah; the single scale fanned fret business lmao. I think if they left that alone, Id have nibbled a bit more lol. If it is real? Im goin back to sleep until the nightmare is over though lol.

lol sorry. I gotta ask though, was this back when they were handmade to precise custom specs for 2000$ or is this a korean one thats 5700$? :D (lol, I am absolutely taking the **** with you, dont mind me please lol). He IS a wanker, but hes a marketing genius and I've yet to see a single person complain about a strandberg of any kind though.
I've only owned the overseas ones- but they're all overseas now. They have japanese ones but the specs aren't what I'm into currently.

Not sure who you're referring to as a 'wanker', Ola himself?

I had an OS6 trem, then they traded that in for the new 7 string Prog model when it came out in 2017, then I traded it for 6 string Original hardtail. I sold that, and am waiting for a neck-thru model project, I want to see if i can get one with no finish and no fret slots and have a luthier do some magic for me. Who knows though.

I wouldn't take Rich's lack of commenting as evidence in either direction, this is all just speculation after all. These conveniently showed up on another forum on april fools day las monday so I think it's a good bet they arent real, but I had another person message me on another platform telling me they know they ARE real, so... I suppose we will see

·
Registered
437 Posts
I've only owned the overseas ones- but they're all overseas now. They have japanese ones but the specs aren't what I'm into currently.

Not sure who you're referring to as a 'wanker', Ola himself?

I had an OS6 trem, then they traded that in for the new 7 string Prog model when it came out in 2017, then I traded it for 6 string Original hardtail. I sold that, and am waiting for a neck-thru model project, I want to see if i can get one with no finish and no fret slots and have a luthier do some magic for me. Who knows though.

I wouldn't take Rich's lack of commenting as evidence in either direction, this is all just speculation after all. These conveniently showed up on another forum on april fools day las monday so I think it's a good bet they arent real, but I had another person message me on another platform telling me they know they ARE real, so... I suppose we will see
Lol Im not ola's biggest fan, but I have my reasons for that; at this point its just memes though. I wasn't really thinking about much when i posted the meme; so my bad there.

As far as the Rich thing? I feel he'd have probably known 2 years ago dude lol. But at the end of the day; real or not its the same result for me :D

Guys, I’ve edited bobs meme post, let’s keep things above board here ok?
All the blame over here lol, I was goofing off; my bad going over board.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have never seen that before. Are tilted frets a thing?
Typically they are called "fanned frets". But yes, its very much a thing. I want to say Novax was the first to use em; ages ago, and they also do some extremely ridiculous things with it too lol. Worth checking out if youre not familiar....

But the point of "tilted frets" is they change the scale of each string; so your low strings have more distance, ergo more tension. If you tune to drop... G i dunno, your low strings are gonna be real sloppy OR you need to use rebar for your strings. The longer scale makes it so the strings arent sloppy on that string. So, having fanned frets on a single scale instrument is entirely pointless.

So you've never met anyone who bought an indo Strandberg? They are notoriously overpriced crap.
I mean, i've seen some posts here and there about "issues", but by and large they seem "fine". Im not gonna touch anything related to pricing on them though. I've got plenty of thoughts on the whole strandberg thing, but general quality isnt one of them. All my "concerns" deal with Ola personally, not his guitars. "Overpriced" is also a relative term as well.

·
Registered
108 Posts
So you've never met anyone who bought an indo Strandberg? They are notoriously overpriced crap.
I have an Original 7, bought new direct from em last year. It’s a very well built guitar that came quite well set up from the factory, and tweaked (by me) to how I like it subsequently. No real complaints, tbh. The majority of my other guitars are MIJ Ibanez. A good quality control/filter results in a spectacular instrument in all cases. I’ve played terrible MIJ Ibanezes at Guitar Center, for instance. Most folks who bought Strandberg from Sweetwater have been thrilled with them, given inspection and sometimes paid setup work included in the order. Similar to how I’ll only ever buy new Ibanez from Rich. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey, that's awesome to hear! For the price they charge, it should be an amazing instrument with a near perfect setup out of the box. Glad to hear that was your experience.

I know though, just judging by the apparent inconsistencies in such an expensive instrument, it's not for me. I think that price tag should guarantee some basic things. I feel that strandberg pushes their unique features as a selling point rather than consistent and acceptable QC, especially for their price range.

A MIJ Ibanez is not perfect but you also don't have to pay and arm and a leg unless you want a j custom or something. Also, anytime something is MII yet cost more than something MIJ, I just cant and wont. But who cares, I'm derailing this thread. I would love a MIJ Boden but they are just too costly, however not too much more when compared to the MII version, and the quality is very highly spoken of.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I assume they're Indo? Would be interested in trying one, mainly to cop a feel of the C shape Wizard neck.

Colour options seem a bit underwhelming.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts