Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered a JS1200 on June 7th and still no news from both the retailer and distributor as of today. I'm just curious too see how long you guys have waited to get yours? Btw, I'm in Canada.. if that makes a difference ;-)

Cheers!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
cool_no9 said:
I've ordered a JS1200 on June 7th and still no news from both the retailer and distributor as of today. I'm just curious too see how long you guys have waited to get yours? Btw, I'm in Canada.. if that makes a difference ;-)

Cheers!
LOL....you better not get too antsy. Ibanez is notorious for being SLOW SLOW SLOW!!! It also depends on if the JS is on back order. If they have to build it and you are behind others waiting for the same thing it could take MONTHS...litterally. I ordered my 7vwh in 2000. It was on back order with the same scenerio I descbribed above and it took 9 months for me to get it...arrghhhh...the agony!! Why dont you call the retailer and tell them to call the distributor and get some facts / answers. I at least KNEW it was going to be several months because I had the retailer call the distributor and ask. Anyhow, hopefully in your case you arent in a big line behind other folks like I was. Call um and find out and good luck;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
9 months??? Holy sh*t, I better build up on my level of patience if this is the case. That period of time is good enough for my wife and I to have another kid... So now I know what to do in the meantime.. :mrgreen:

Good point though, I'll make them call the distributor and see what's the scoop.. Thanks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,952 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
LOL....you better not get too antsy. Ibanez is notorious for being SLOW SLOW SLOW!!! It also depends on if the JS is on back order. If they have to build it and you are behind others waiting for the same thing it could take MONTHS...litterally. I ordered my 7vwh in 2000. It was on back order with the same scenerio I descbribed above and it took 9 months for me to get it...arrghhhh...the agony!! Why dont you call the retailer and tell them to call the distributor and get some facts / answers. I at least KNEW it was going to be several months because I had the retailer call the distributor and ask. Anyhow, hopefully in your case you arent in a big line behind other folks like I was. Call um and find out and good luck;)
Ibanez in a nutshell ;).

Regards

André
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,373 Posts
cool_no9 said:
9 months??? Holy sh*t, I better build up on my level of patience if this is the case. That period of time is good enough for my wife and I to have another kid... So now I know what to do in the meantime.. :mrgreen:

Good point though, I'll make them call the distributor and see what's the scoop.. Thanks.
Lol......well I guess that gives you an excuse to have another kid:) No probs...and good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
As I recall, when I ordered my JS1200 I was quoted a three month wait and ended up getting it in about two months. But that was right when it first came out. It all depends on whether it is in stock or not. It seems that Ibanez builds and ships models in small batches, quarterly or something like that. So if you miss one batch, you have another 3 months or so to wait for the next one. I can't really fault them for running batches the way they do, but Ibanez certainly can and should do a lot to improve their customer relations and responsiveness (especially for parts).
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top