Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Ibanez J. Custom 8570 DR vs Ibanez J. Custom 8570Z RS

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Arterial 
#1 ·
hey guys! im planning on getting a new guitar soon and im still in the process of choosing...would like some opinions/thoughts. I'm unable to provide links as im a new member but if you type ibanez j custom on e b a y the first ibanez is from ishibashi and the second is from meestursparkle.

Ibanez J Custom RG8570DR USED - comes with un-original case for $1700 AUS.

[SPECIFICATION]
Body : Flamed Maple(Top), Mahogany(Back)
Neck : 5 Piece(Maple+Bubinga)/Wizard neck
Finger board : Rosewood(Flame Maple binding)
Fret : Custom Jumbo(SBB216-195)
Bridge : Edge Pro
Neck Pickup : DiMarzio Air Norton(H) neck pu
Middle Pickup : DiMarzio Blue Velvet(S) mid pu
Bridge Pickup : DiMarzio Tone Zone(H) bridge pu

vs

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z RS BRAND NEW with case and paperwork for $2400

Body:Flamed Maple / African Mahogany body
Neck:5pcs Maple / Walnut j.custom neck
Fingerboard:Rosewood fingerboard with "Tree of Life" inlay
Bridge:Edge-Zero Tremolo bridge w/ZPS3
Neck P.U DiMarzio� Air Norton� (H) neck P.U
Mid P.U DiMarzio� True Velvet� (S) mid P.U
Bridge P.UiMarzio� Tone Zone� (H) bridge P.U

so my dilemma...is the fact that the first ibanez comes with an edge pro, but is used and missing its paperwork and case. Whereas the second ibanez is brand new with case and paperwork but has the edge-zero which I am a bit iffy about, and it will cost $700 more.
A little nitpicky thing I dont like is the second one doesnt have TEAM J CRAFT on the back or the same short paragraph that the first one has. I think I have the right to be picky when im spending this much.

what do you guys think? any input would be muchly appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey arterial,nice to see you on jemsite..

TBH both are very good guitars...but I would get the first one due to some reasons

1)its 700$ cheaper...you can download the manual from the internet and get a a prestige case that fits

2)I personally think that maple+bubinga looks better(but its a very small detail)

3)people will probably laugh at me for this but the Edge pro's have three neck shims on the top nut..so if you're locking nut is too high you can lower it without any problem(not there on the EZ afaik)

TBH the things that differentiate these two guitars are tiny details,so pick whats best for you

#6 ·
It's only a cosmetic chip on the back of the body, nothing to worry about. Re: the case, I have 3 J Customs, 2 bought new from authorized dealers from the UK/Europe and they came in Prestige cases, the one from Japan is in a Team J Craft J Custom case. The RG8570 came in the older style (ca 2003) Prestige case, I don't recall ever seeing a J Custom version of this case ??

#8 ·
Exactly, two of my J Customs (one Team J Craft, one the older style) have 'Prestige' on them and one (Team J Craft) has J Custom on it. The pre Team J Craft case my RG8570 is in has Prestige on it, like I say I don't recall seeing one of these with J Custom on, only the newer Team J Craft ones. Many J Customs were supplied new with Prestige cases as opposed to J Custom, however that one is not in the correct case anyway !!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.