Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, long time lurker turned user here! Anyway, I just received this J. Custom RG8570Z in Almandite Garnet from Sweetwater. I've played a number of prestiges and this JCRG is the best guitar I've ever played. My question is how many of these modern JCRG's are produced? I've heard varying things from a few dozen of each model to 150 total J customs made per year
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

·
Registered
97 Posts
It really depends on the finish and work involved in building the guitar, the J Custom you have is a bit more common than some others so yours is probably slightly higher production numbers.

Some J Custom are region or shop specific to Japan, The Ishibashi IJCRG models in some instances are 1 of 1 guitars, The JCRG-GOLD2 was limited to just 5 i think and apparently Hoshino bought 2 of them? (or so i read online) The RG7-CST was limited to just 17 im sure.

Either way, a J Custom blurs the lines between an instrument and a work of art. Its basically the best luthiers using the best materials and maximum effort.

Someone with more knowledge will hopefully chime in with more info,

Alot of J Custom stuff seems to be coming from Sugi factory just now, if you check out Sugi Guitars you will see the similarities in the finish.

Ishibashi RG and RG-GOLD2 below:

Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Guitar String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MF alone ordered 150 JCRG2011 in each of 5 colors, plus all they built for the rest of the US and world, so maybe 1000+. Oh course this pretty much killed JC sales in the US for a few years.
Great info, thanks! I saw on the Ibanez Wiki page for the JCRG2011Z that they only produced 12 per month. Of course, this would mean they only made 144 in total. Are they making brand new J customs at this same rate now? For the record, it really doesn't matter to me as I plan on keeping the guitar long term, but I wasn't expecting a certificate of authenticity with the guitar. It got me thinking, and there isn't a ton of good information out there on production numbers of the brand new JCRG's.

·
Vendor
26,744 Posts
I just answered what they're capable of. They'll make whatever is ordered. Ibanez doesn't release production numbers unless they want to for some reason. That's a Sweetwater spot run, they can tell you how many they ordered.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.