Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally missed the boat on a lot of guitars Ibanez has released throughout the years. I hope they do something cool in the next few years. I respect the PIA but I think it's fun when they do throwbacks to some of Vai's older models. I saw that this listing is local pickup. At least whomever decides to buy these can look them over in person and make sure everything is legit.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I guess I dont have a clue but I am thinking those are like thousand dollar guitars each

maybe 1500-2000 on a good day or just gotta have it day

I love maple fretboards but to me all the crazy jem inlays dont do well on it.

oh well to each his own.

·
Administrator
7,493 Posts
I have to say that this looks spot on as a purchase for someone who wants a set of all three. No worries about finding one of each colour in mint condition. Buy these three in one go, then put them in storage and sell them for 25k in a couple of years time. I would half expect that these will go to someone who already has an extensive JEM collection, maybe they already have one of each colour in their collection but want another set of three to actually play ;)

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've played the crap out of mine for the last 4+ years, with the way the prices are going it might actually have ended up being a not terrible investment if I had kept it as new. But honestly I don't see the point in owning a guitar like that only to leave it in a case unplayed, I think there are much better ways to invest your money than guitars if you don't plan to play them. $18.5k for the 3 is a bit nuts though.

I guess I dont have a clue but I am thinking those are like thousand dollar guitars each
Well they were a limited run special edition and they retailed here at £3050 each (that's over £9000 for the 3), all of them sold before they ever hit a store shelf. The demand was higher than the supply but a lot of people bought them to just flog them off later, which is what we're seeing here. You're definitely never seeing these guitars for a thousand dollars.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've played the crap out of mine for the last 4+ years, with the way the prices are going it might actually have ended up being a not terrible investment if I had kept it as new. But honestly I don't see the point in owning a guitar like that only to leave it in a case unplayed, I think there are much better ways to invest your money than guitars if you don't plan to play them. $18.5k for the 3 is a bit nuts though.
I have three of the originals (actually 4, as I have two DYs) that I do play. The 30ths that I have have not really been played at all, really. Just a little noodling when I got them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts