Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was tentatively looking at getting a dual HB guitar but then realised I have an 1991 Ibanez Jem7PBK tucked away that hardly ever gets played.

Now, the only problem here is that the switching arrangement, although giving various options of the 2HB + middle SC, doesn’t offer the option to have both HBs on together. So, what I’m looking at doing is re-wiring so that I have 3 options, Neck HB, Both HBs or Bridge HB - I hardly use the middle SC so knocking this out of the options altogether wouldn’t be a great loss. 2 'Kill switches' on the 2 and 4 position might be quite useful too!

Has anybody done this? Is it possible and would it be something that a proficient solder-er, but bit of a wiring numpty (I need explicit instructions!) could do?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Perfectly doable, but I'd be inclined to get a super switch and do something useful with positions 2 and 4 rather than just have them as off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Perfectly doable, but I'd be inclined to get a super switch and do something useful with positions 2 and 4 rather than just have them as off.
Cool, thanks for this. Is there anywhere that I could get a wiring diagram for this guitar? The Ibanez site only goes back as far as 1994 - although I guess there won't be many, if any, differences?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Why don't you get a 3 way switch for the 2 humbuckers, and wire that like a Les Paul, take the tone knob, and turn it into a Volume for the middle single coil? You could even wire the Volumes as split coils for the humbuckers? That'd be what I'd do if i had a guitar with H/S/H pickup configuration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts