Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

So I have had this Jem for quite a while, I am not sure how old it is, guessing around 1990. It's black, with the green, red/pink, and white-ish floral pattern, and the pink pickups. It also has the green vine inlay. I don't know much about it, but I think it's somewhat high-end and rare.
It's in decent condition, I'd say an 8/10.
I want to restore it so that is as good as it can get. Any tips for cleaning the fretboard and the bridge? Anything else I should know about the restoration process, to make it look and play as good as possible? I was also wondering what a guitar like this is worth, both in current condition and restored. Appreciate all answers.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Age of the guitar will be easy to find, look at the serial number beginning F and the first digit will be 0 if it's a 1990, 91 for 1991 etc.

You won't really dramatically change the value unless there is stuff missing or broken which can be replaced, just strip the strings off and give it really good clean, mask up the fretboard and polish the frets with metal polish until they gleam, restring it and set it up properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts