Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellow GASers!

Here is a guitar build that I really Love.
It far exceeds my concept.

This swirl takes the cake!
The swirl was done by Livewire Guitars.

I had a hard time deciding what inlays to put on the neck.
But after seeing the guitar put together, I don't know if it needs any.
Any ides you guys?

Here is the rundown of the parts used in the build.

RG570 neck AANJ
Ibanez Chrome Lo Pro & Locking Nut
Ibanez Chrome Tuners & Strap Buttons
Ibanez VLX53 5-Way Switch
Dimarzio Air Norton in the Neck
Dimarzio Red Velvet Single coil
Dimarzio Steve's Special Bridge
Ibanez Team J Craft Case to protect this beauty!

Click the link below to see a complete set of pics-
http://s878.photobucket.com/user/bi...3&page=1&_suid=141156603535707519768706546321

·
Registered
5,794 Posts
Damn man! That is really, really nice! The blue is great but I like that it has a sigfnificant amount of white and black. Definitely one of the best BMC's I've seen and the white pickups and chrome were a good choice.

The dots I think work with it but I think what I'd have done is redo the headstock black to get rid of the "RG Series" and then do the logo in blue to match the body.

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn man! That is really, really nice! The blue is great but I like that it has a sigfnificant amount of white and black. Definitely one of the best BMC's I've seen and the white pickups and chrome were a good choice.

The dots I think work with it but I think what I'd have done is redo the headstock black to get rid of the "RG Series" and then do the logo in blue to match the body.
The think the Chrome Logo goes well with the Chrome Hardware.
I don't care if it says RG vs JEM really.

It setup extra good with super low action and no buzzing really.

·
Super Moderator
7,322 Posts
I love that colour combination and the hardware colour choice matches perfectly :)

The swirl could have used more actual swirl in my opinion, as it's rather linear, that said the linear nature ensures that the colour spread is maintained. So, hell yes, I'd play that!!!

HNGD

·
Premium Member
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I love that colour combination and the hardware colour choice matches perfectly :)

The swirl could have used more actual swirl in my opinion, as it's rather linear, that said the linear nature ensures that the colour spread is maintained. So, hell yes, I'd play that!!!

HNGD
I asked Michael at Livewire Guitars to make the swirl a complete sideways pull if possible, he did it.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Silver/ Mother of pearl dissapeqring inlays would make that build perfect!

Beautiful guitar!

I gotta get started on one of these..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts