Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It's not a bad guitar but i don't think it's worth the money they ask for it new. You would be much more happy with a used JS1000, then you get much better frettwork,smooth edges on the frets compared to sharp on the 100, also better neck and overall more work quality. Or get a used RG550-570 -2000 and up, they are not expensive and is really good guitars. Then you would get the Original edge trem or lo-pro trem.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the big major difference is the neck. You can take a 100, and swap pups & bridge, but its never going to feel like the AMAZING neck (to me anyway) on a 1000

·
Registered
131 Posts
I got a JS100 for around $325 USD a few months ago, replaced bridge with an original Floyd Rose ($180 or so), and replaced the neck with one from a 540 Radius (around $250 including lock nut and tuners), it's still not as good as my JS1000, but it's not terrible. For the money I spent on it, it's questionable about whether it was worth it, but I think they sell for around $600-700 USD brand new, and I don't think I would pay that much for a new one myself, even if it was absolutely perfectly setup. I like to think that you can get a pretty good used guitar that is well setup for well under $500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts