Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. First post at this site!

I checked out a YouTube studio version of "Still Got the Blues" with Marcus Miller and Andy Timmons playing. Both sound great. It's a really fine version of the tune if you're into blues.

I play a '69 LP for humbucker sounds but it's getting heavier, so I've always got my eye out for a light alternative.

The MM1 that Marcus is playing sounds incredible (as does he, of course). I'm wondering if there's an equivalent model that doesn't have his endorsement? Basically, I'd like a different finish on the exact same ax, if that's at all possible.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
Martin Miller.
I'm not sure that same axe exists as a non-sig. His is the only Prestige level AZ with a mahogany body I think. The standard AZ2402 is pretty much the same guitar but with an alder body not Mahognay. TBH if I had my pick of any Prestige AZ it would be the MM1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Martin Miller.
I'm not sure that same axe exists as a non-sig. His is the only Prestige level AZ with a mahogany body I think. The standard AZ2402 is pretty much the same guitar but with an alder body not Mahognay. TBH if I had my pick of any Prestige AZ it would be the MM1.
Yes: Martin. My bad.

Interesting and thanks for the tip: Mahogany, to my mind, is key. I hadn't checked that on the description and I'm sure it has a lot to do with the sound. My LP is mahogany and I was struck by how much that MM1 sounded like it, playing the YouTube through my stereo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting you’d mention that guitar. I think it’s the same one that Martin Miller played before developing his signature model. They were comparing it to the MM1 in an interview I checked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts