Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to Ibanez guitars, finding it about as confusing as organic chemistry was. So instead of asking what’s the difference of this and this let’s try this another way......

I’ve got an EVH Special Stealth (Japan), BC Rich Deluxe V, and a Gibson Classic Les Paul. I’m looking for a Ibanez made in Japan or Korea, I do not really want the rg550. Something in the 5-600 price range. Thanks for anyone’s inputs!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also should add; the JEM series is awesome looking to me. Is there some used in that price range? Want the most bang for my buck. Thank you guys.
If you want a JEM in that price range you'll probably have to be very patient. Not likely, but not impossible. I suppose it also matters as to whether you consider the JEM Junior models to be actual JEM's or not, which I personally don't. They should be available in the lower price ranges much more readily than the actual full on JEM models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also should add; the JEM series is awesome looking to me. Is there some used in that price range? Want the most bang for my buck. Thank you guys.
If you want a JEM in that price range you'll probably have to be very patient. Not likely, but not impossible. I suppose it also matters as to whether you consider the JEM Junior models to be actual JEM's or not, which I personally don't. They should be available in the lower price ranges much more readily than the actual full on JEM models.
No, Korean JEM isn't a real JEM correct? There's a RG555 looks like a JEM but isn't. I'm just looking for a great Japan Made Shredder that isn't a RG550

·
Registered
245 Posts
No, Korean JEM isn't a real JEM correct? There's a RG555 looks like a JEM but isn't. I'm just looking for a great Japan Made Shredder that isn't a RG550
Not for me it isn't, but they've got their fan base too I'm sure.

If you like the S-series at all, I'm really happy with my S-5570, after having been a JEM/RG only player for years and years. I swapped the pickups out, which made it even better, for me.

The only non-Japan Ibanez I've had was an S-320 and the nut was installed way high. Other than that it was a decent guitar, but thankfully no longer in my hands now that I've got the S-5570.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not for me it isn't, but they've got their fan base too I'm sure.

If you like the S-series at all, I'm really happy with my S-5570, after having been a JEM/RG only player for years and years. I swapped the pickups out, which made it even better, for me.
That's a little out of price range used is around 1100 - 1200 I did see a few RG 570 I like the look of those

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That's a little out of price range used is around 1100 - 1200 I did see a few RG 570 I like the look of those
Patience will get you under 1000, as it did for me. If you like the 570 though, there are lots of them out there and I got mine for about 200 years ago in Tokyo.
What would be a good price 8-9?
Well they aren't that cheap anymore, everyone I've seen is about 500+

·
Registered
245 Posts
What would be a good price 8-9?
Well they aren't that cheap anymore, everyone I've seen is about 500+
They weren't even that cheap at the time, but I spent the better part of a whole day searching for the best deal, and was finally able to deal with them to get that price after they saw me coming back into the store. Again.

I'd say that 8-9 would be great, and again, patience and persistence are your friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts